I have a confession to make.

SD Mike

Proud member of BH&A, RMEF and NWTF.
Feb 25, 2015
San Diego
I feel like I need to announce publicly, in order to lessen my shame, about what I did (or didn't do) this weekend...
Instead of waking up at butt crack-thirty, donning my turkey vest, and waiting on a turkey.....I woke up when the sun was already high, donned my favorite basketball shorts, put some Irish in my coffee, and waited on my couch to see who was gonna win the Masters. :'( :D

Well Mike......You didn't miss much on the turkey front......But after seeing what happened to Jordan Spieth (very depressing... :(), hunting turkeys in the rain might have been better......... ;)

ilovesprig said:
Well Mike......You didn't miss much on the turkey front......But after seeing what happened to Jordan Spieth (very depressing... :(), hunting turkeys in the rain might have been better......... ;)

Now wasn't that painful, Steve?! Plenty of good golf besides that meltdown. Like those 3 hole in ones on 16. Amazing!

I'll be out again this weekend hunting hard. Hope you had a good weekend.

I think you made the correct move. I went out and didn't see one bird. I did however see a few deer. I was totally stoked about that part as I've been looking for deer in this area. See the occasional tracks, but always nice to see them alive!

It's always great seeing deer while turkey hunting.....The old memory bank..... ;)

Attachments

• 005.JPG
    005.JPG
    777.1 KB · Views: 23
  • 031.JPG
    031.JPG
    603.1 KB · Views: 20
Took the red-eye to Boston to see my kids, got back last night. Will be back after the turkeys next weekend.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu