I need help new dove hunter!!!

Theracoon138

Aug 31, 2013
Hi guys I am completely new to hunting and so far it's been nothing but frustration not knowing where I can hunt on public land I want to go dove hunting tomorrow but don't have a clue where to go I live in San Diego if anyone can help I'd really appreciate it please email or text me at 619-519-3984 thanks, names Shawn

There are many places to go but I understand your frustration about private property. Many and the majority go to the imperial Valley to hunt dove. You can hunt on any property in the valley that isn't marked no hunting or private property. There will be thousands and thousands of people hunting tomorrow down in the valley. I have attached the upland game fields that the fish and game have posted. Now this isn't the only fields available this is just the fields that the fish and game have been told about. I recommend going Google earth and getting a good understanding of these locations.

Attachments

• ImperialDoveFieldMap.pdf
    269 KB · Views: 21
Get an atlas from one of the DFG field offices. BLM land maps are good too. Won't help you for this weekend but something that may help your scouts. You'll find spots. Just make sure its not posted or fenced and stay 150 yards from roads, houses, and campgrounds. Gotta get out there and do some driving bud. Good luck to you for the opener.

If you wanted a guided dove hunt I can probably work something out! Give me a call our PM me 951-522-8002

8SteelTown said:
Get an atlas from one of the DFG field offices. BLM land maps are good too. Won't help you for this weekend but something that may help your scouts. You'll find spots. Just make sure its not posted or fenced and stay 150 yards from roads, houses, and campgrounds. Gotta get out there and do some driving bud. Good luck to you for the opener.

+1 on this

BLM maps are useful but nothing beats boots on the ground. I spent most of my opener looking for some new spots since the fields got crowded quickly in the IV.

Did you make it out raccoon???????????

Theracoon138 said:
Hi guys I am completely new to hunting and so far it's been nothing but frustration not knowing where I can hunt on public land I want to go dove hunting tomorrow but don't have a clue where to go I live in San Diego if anyone can help I'd really appreciate it please email or text me at 619-519-3984 thanks, names Shawn

Are you military?? If so Camp Pendleton is good place.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu