I think I'm ready for Dove opener

Boudroux

Jan 26, 2013
Based on last year this is probably enough to get me my limit opening day.

7KJntJa.jpg

Two are steel and the other lead. I'll be spending the majority of my time hunting Cibola NWR for dove and quail.

Last year for opener I hunted the state fields just north of Blythe and took 6 boxes of steel. There were so many dove that I was out of steel day 2 in the AM. I won't be running out this year. LOL

On yeah, didn't notice the 7 1/2's......How'd those steel 7's shoot for ya last year?

ps.....Just noticed again today......Wal-Mart has Federal dove loads for $4.94 a box.....20 gauge stuff for $5.48.....Steel Winchester's for $5.94 a box.

In steel I got one case of 7 and the other is 6. Last year I shot 6 out of an old A5 with a newer Invector choke barrel on it. They seemed fine with a mod choke. I'm going to go pattern the 7's tomorrow and see what it looks like in the same gun.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu