Ice on a local pond

TRICER

Dec 20, 2014
tricerusa.com
put my last day in for deer today getting real excited for the ducks to show up. I was hunting Palomar area and checked on a pond that holds ducks when they are here. It was halfway frozen over at 10am.
IMG_0309.JPG
Definately the coldest morning I have had this season. I hope this cold holds and the birds start coming. Be great if it wasn't like summer in November up north.

Just picked up a 15' Jon yesterday and a beaver tail boat blind. I have three river trips planned out between now and mid January the first one will be Thanksgiving weekend. If needed I will hunt upland but really want to hunt ducks in the new rig down there. I also have Danny booked for a snow hunt Christmas week. Deer is ending I want to shoot some waterfowl. It is a wonderful time of year.

IMG_0307.JPG

IMG_0313.JPG

Nice boat and blind! Fingers crossed the cold weather keeps up. We shot 2 gadwall and 2 teal this am at wister but sounds like it's still really slow down there. Hoping to get in my boat next Friday and freestyle at the sea. Good luck!

Attachments

• IMG_2982.JPG
    IMG_2982.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 23
Boat looks fun!. It should kill some ducks.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Nice boat! What motor you running with? Should be a good little two man boat!

My buddies hunted with Danny on Saturday, killed 23. About 15-18k birds down.

That's good numbers Aaron for this time of year! Hopefully more will show!!!

Lots of juvies in Sask this year and of the few geese we saw in Sac last weekend had plenty of juvies too

Nice boat! What motor you running with? Should be a good little two man boat!

My buddies hunted with Danny on Saturday, killed 23. About 15-18k birds down.
I am gonna use a 15HP 2 Stroke Johnson. I got three of them at an auction for $100 each. 23 is not a bad day this early in the year. It is crazy to me how smart those birds are down there they know exactly where to fly.

Hopefully more show. Unit 1 should get 40-50K geese this season. Walt has been doing a great job with feed the last 3-4 years. I hear the ticket is lots of fertilizer, geese eat it down, add water it comes right back.

Steve,

Is that a pond by your buddies club? Telephone poles look familiar.

I am gonna use a 15HP 2 Stroke Johnson. I got three of them at an auction for $100 each. 23 is not a bad day this early in the year. It is crazy to me how smart those birds are down there they know exactly where to fly.

You scored on the motors!

Yeah, they know not to cut the corner. The invisible wall!

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu