Idaho Elk hunt 2015

TopBuck

I despise granola heads!
Aug 1, 2011
We finally put some Elk in the freezer after 3 years living up here, It's tough in the open units, still haven't drawn a limited entry. I called in both of these Elk, this was my sons 1st archery kill, my brother shot a cow. Sorry for such weak pics of the bull, forgot the camera in the field. It helps when the tags are any elk! Time to chase the bucks. Good luck down south!

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    3.3 MB · Views: 43
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    61.2 KB · Views: 199
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    45.7 KB · Views: 189
Congrats! What area were you hunting? I hunted the McCall area with my dad and we couldn't locate elk for anything! We shot a young bull (large calf, thought it was a cow but come to find out it was a bull. Jenner-esque) on day one and I didn't see an elk the rest of the week.

Drewski2324 said:
Congrats! What area were you hunting? I hunted the McCall area with my dad and we couldn't locate elk for anything! We shot a young bull (large calf, thought it was a cow but come to find out it was a bull. Jenner-esque) on day one and I didn't see an elk the rest of the week.
We hunt the Pioneer zone out by Sun Valley. The biggest problem up here is the wolfs, do your home work and find out where the wolfs are and go somewhere they are not. It was also a late rut this year.

TopBuck said:
Drewski2324 said:
We hunt the Pioneer zone out by Sun Valley. The biggest problem up here is the wolfs, do your home work and find out where the wolfs are and go somewhere they are not. It was also a late rut this year.

We are having the same problem in the McCall area. Wolves are getting worse. We heard maybe four bugles a day and nothing after 6am.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu