Idaho Elk hunt 2020

HortoTheSlayer

May 17, 2018
Boise Idaho
Counting down the days until the big game draw opens up! If not drawn I will still be getting a General Elk tag. Definitely had to read through a bunch of stuff to understand the regs and the controlled hunts but finally got it down..I think..

Anyone else planning to hunt Idaho next fall?

I'll have a wolf tag in my pocket while out there also.

I will be in ID this year chasing all kinds of critters with a few of the SCH regulars. There will be blood!

I will be in ID this year chasing all kinds of critters with a few of the SCH regulars. There will be blood!

Funny you said that I was just saying the same thing!!

What else are you going for drew? If I'm paying the outta state license I'd like to maybe go for some other game out there and get my money's worth!

Pretty much everything that is legal during our hunt should be scared. The only deciding factor for if they live or die will be do we want to carry it 8 miles. I think the 8 miles will keep a lot of things alive.

Reactions: HortoTheSlayer
Pretty much everything that is legal during our hunt should be scared. The only deciding factor for if they live or die will be do we want to carry it 8 miles. I think the 8 miles will keep a lot of things alive.
Any legal bull is in trouble. The smaller mule deer will get a hall pass though.

You guys realize that an 8 mile elk could possibly turn into 48 miles solo. Ooh shit, this is going to be fun.
If we are hunting in teams of two I’d personally vote for two person pack outs, at least for elk lol. Obviously the situation on the ground dictates. Then you don’t lose your partner for two days, and you can share an inReach. Didn’t mean to hijack the thread!

Jake we’re rifle hunting.

Reactions: JakeSCH
Anyone able to meet up and chat a bit about hunting ID. Me and a couple military buddies where thinking about giving it a go.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hey y’all I used to live up in Idaho while going to Boise State and learned to hunt while there and hunted two seasons (deer elk and wolves during 2015 and 2016). I’m in no way an expert on hunting or the whole state but I’ve had boots on the ground in some parts (I mainly bow hunted) and seen some big bulls, bucks and some massive wolves so depending on where y’all are going I may be able to point you guys in a direction. And if you guys want to get a wolf my buddy and I got onto about 8 wolves but couldn’t end up sealing the deal. But If you guys already got all your stuff figured out then no worries but figured I’d offer some boots on the ground experience.

Hey y’all I used to live up in Idaho while going to Boise State and learned to hunt while there and hunted two seasons (deer elk and wolves during 2015 and 2016). I’m in no way an expert on hunting or the whole state but I’ve had boots on the ground in some parts (I mainly bow hunted) and seen some big bulls, bucks and some massive wolves so depending on where y’all are going I may be able to point you guys in a direction. And if you guys want to get a wolf my buddy and I got onto about 8 wolves but couldn’t end up sealing the deal. But If you guys already got all your stuff figured out then no worries but figured I’d offer some boots on the ground experience.

PM sent

Welcome to SCH....And thank you for the kind offer.

Reactions: TRICER

Great first post.
Do you have any info for the Frank Church ?

Great first post.

They made a TV show about that crazy place. That didn't give you the needed info?

Looks like a fun place to explore.

Great first post.
I personally don’t have any experience in the Frank Church however a good friend of mine has hunted there in the past and I’ll reach out to him and see if he’s been in there lately but from a few years back I just remember him saying it’s extremely rugged and tough country and you’ll have to put in some tough miles. And I know at least a few years ago 2016ish the elk herds in there weren't doing the greatest but I dont know if that’s still the case. I’ll let you know what my buddy says though in case he has been back in there in the last couple seasons.

Reactions: TRICER

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu