Idiots With Guns

fish dog

Apr 28, 2015
Johnson City, TN
This ticks me off to no end. I'm sitting here in the house and can hear several yahoos in the immediate area firing various firearms into the air (I assume into the air anyway). I know this is Independence Day and part of what we celebrate, besides our independence from England, is our firearms freedom (while we still have some of it left) but this type of irresponsible behavior is what contributes to those rights being slowly taken away. One of the reason's I'm not onside is this crap as I don't feel safe out there while this is going on. I know that's a long shot to get hit by a falling bullet but it can, and has, happened. Maybe it would be different if I was out in the middle of nowhere with no people around, I might (just might) even do it myself then, but in a urban setting, no way. With every shot I hear I can feel just that much more of my liberty slipping away because of these jerks.

Or am I off base here.

Yeah that's just being downright irresponsible and stupid.

Also, do you really want to risk this?
In California, discharging a firearm into the air is a felony punishable by three years in state prison. If the stray bullet kills someone, the shooter can be charged with murder.[40][41]

Eric,

Not off base at all.....I think it was a few years back that a kid was killed by a falling bullet.

Actually about 20 years ago on 4Th of July while watching a fireworks show up north. My aunt was struck in the head by a 22 cal. Round. She actually thought she was hit with a rock by one of the kids in the area. When she went to the hospital they noticed it. So it does happen.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu