If you could only have one shotgun

John,

As your aware, Beretta & Benelli are the same company.....Both fine firearms & quality built....It's the subtle differences that make the differences.....The front safety is totally awkward. Because they're gas operated. They're front end heavy (shorter barrel helps). The 1st Extrema's had super long stocks too.....Not good for a gun that would be used for upland in a universal gun. I'll admit the A-400 seems to be redesigned to fit better.

This is all about me......Everyone fits and shoots a shotgun different.....If a person likes it. Go for it.....I do suggest you shoot one 1st before you shell out the kind of money they cost......I have had a lot of friends try my Benelli's and they have all bought them.....Heck, it's the same reason I left my 870's and Mossberg Ulti-Mag (1st 3 1/2" gun).

ps......I hunt and shoot a lot and have never broken a part on my Benelli's with the exception of the original SBE's. They a problem with the ejector in the barrel......About a 5 minute fix......And that ejector has been redesigned.

pss.......I have a flip phone by the way......lol

Steve,

I am not the one calling the Benelli a boat anchor. ;)

Beretta owns Benelli, Sako and Tikka. Benelli is financially managed by Beretta but they still have their manufacturing and engineering team in tact. I completely understand both companies very, very well. The best gun I ever owned was an M1 Super 90 but I wore it out (I shoot a lot too). And my Benelli SBE has not been without problems. I just rebuilt it this year and it ran fine in Canada shooting some old ammo.

The new Beretta's are built with amazing technology. How it fit's an individual is based on personal preference. I totally understand the slim feel of the Benelli's but the A300 Extreme answers that call well too. The A400 is not as slim though.

BTW: flip phone were designed by Motorola in the early 90's.

Below is one morning of shooting with Snake Charmer. If I remember correctly, we shot 212 geese that morning. Our Benelli's worked great! ;)

Attachments

• 212.jpg
    212.jpg
    197.1 KB · Views: 84
Today on flipphone.com nbk talks about the glory days of cell phones

You guys all missed the easy answer, the one loaded and in the blind with you.

All you guys and your auto's, a fine Italian hand made Perazzi is my favorite but if I could only have one, it would be my Beretta 686 e 12 ga. O/U....

John,

Boat oar with tongue in cheek.........Ford vs Chevy, Ranger vs Champion, Hoyt vs Bowtech, Mossberg vs Perazzi.......You get the point.......lol

CM.......Those O/U's are way too fancy for us commoners and refuge hunters....... ;)

Believe me I am as common as they come, I just buy right. I have two of my 686's that I bought for less than 1 new A400. And my Perazzi was an investment, at least that is what I told my Wife haha.

I hear the benelli's make good Mojo poles. ;D.

Of course it's a Ford VS Chevy thing....NBK knows about that. ::)

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu