IM SEEING SPOTS...

Good sized feline. Congrats! Did you call it in, stalk it, or??
I have seen this cat a couple times and my buddy spotted it earlier that day so we set up on it and called for 30 minutes to no success tho we did call in a coyote at the 3 minute mark. So we went out and did a few more stands and on the way back out my buddy spotted him about 300 yds from where we had saw him earlier out it a clearing just mousing around ...he had his nose so buried down a hole that I was able to get in close. I would love to say we called him in but we definitely earned it after doing a dozen or so stands in some tough conditions! Side note is we spotted this cat more than once and I’ve had a run in with another cat 3 times in the last 2 weeks and actually busted him stalking in on a group of several dozen gobblers!! Have a healing the foxpro is gonna see some action over the next few weeks!!

How ya like that compact Ranch Rifle? I'm assuming that one is .223 ?
I bought the ruger American ranch in .223 and honestly it’s been a big adjustment in comparison to my AR... that being said I do like how short it is and I’m getting used to fast paced shooting with a bolt action!

I bought the ruger American ranch in .223 and honestly it’s been a big adjustment in comparison to my AR... that being said I do like how short it is and I’m getting used to fast paced shooting with a bolt action!

Have you ever had any issues with misfeeds? Like more than one round pops off the top of the mag when do extract motion with the bolt? (an issue that sometimes happens with the 783 I have)

Reactions: JonnyZ
Have you ever had any issues with misfeeds? Like more than one round pops off the top of the mag when do extract motion with the bolt? (an issue that sometimes happens with the 783 I have)
I own three ruger americans they are work horses. I am going to buy another one in compact 308 from FFA in the near future for the boys. Great rifles they get the job done.

No issues with jamming. I have had mine a few years. I stick with factory
Federal ammo. The rear pep sight is adjustable. Windage and elevation.
It is a very fun to target practice.
Very maneuverable little rifle.
No kick semi.

So many nice firearms are out there.
Hard to choose. I think it depends on which big game one is after.
Nice round for elk and bear
Nice round for deer, pig, & coyote
Nice round for small game & varmint.
It just takes $$$$$$$

I haven’t had any issues with feeding... the one thing that weird is the corduroy sound it makes when rack it...kinda annoying! I have seen a few videos on how to polish the bolt . Seems to get rid of that

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu