Im soo confused about deer zones and drawings

Bonejour said:
BamaDJ said:
Affirmative 8Steeltown. All of the knowledgable D16 hunters I have talked to feel that there will be tags available after the draw if I don't get one. I am hoping that is the case. If anyone else has an opinion I would love to hear it! Worse case scenario, I'll be in the woods with a camera!
What you really need is a clear idea of how, what and where you want to hunt. Every decision narrows your subsequent options. It sucks.

Sent via Tapatalk

well then, id like to hunt trophy bucks form my camp chair at camp with no more then a 50yard shot when its not too cold and not too hot and within an hour drive of north LA, and on public land and i want to buy an OTC tag and not have to pay a guide

That's my perfect world I hope i havent narrowed my options too much ;D

uplandfam said:
Bonejour said:
BamaDJ said:
Affirmative 8Steeltown. All of the knowledgable D16 hunters I have talked to feel that there will be tags available after the draw if I don't get one. I am hoping that is the case. If anyone else has an opinion I would love to hear it! Worse case scenario, I'll be in the woods with a camera!
What you really need is a clear idea of how, what and where you want to hunt. Every decision narrows your subsequent options. It sucks.

Sent via Tapatalk
well then, id like to hunt trophy bucks form my camp chair at camp with no more then a 50yard shot when its not too cold and not too hot and within an hour drive of north LA, and on public land and i want to buy an OTC tag and not have to pay a guide

HAHAHAHA... MAN that would be nice wouldn't it!!!!!

Haha. Well in that case you should put in for Area 40...
in Idaho ;D
Maybe Topbuck would guide you to your lawn chair!
:)

Sent via Tapatalk

Yea I was thinking passing on the whole season and get a game for my kids ps3 game system. But that's boring. I guess ill hve to pound the dirt like everyone else darn it.

I know how, where, and what I want to hunt. None of that matters if I can't get a tag for that area, right? Apparently, DFG can dictate where and what I hunt and the only thing I have control over is how. It does suck, but I'd rather play the game than sit on the bench.

I attached the 2014 deer season dates and tag quota. Hopefully this helps people in their quest to find a place to hunt. There are multiple Over-The-Counter tags available in this state. Fortunately or unfortunately, depending on how you look at it, you might have to drive further than originally planned. To me, it's just another excuse to go on a roadtrip with hunting buddies!

Attachments

• 2014ApprovedDeerQuotas[1].pdf
    65.8 KB · Views: 38
Breacher said:
I attached the 2014 deer season dates and tag quota. Hopefully this helps people in their quest to find a place to hunt. There are multiple Over-The-Counter tags available in this state. Fortunately or unfortunately, depending on how you look at it, you might have to drive further that originally planned. To me, it's just another excuse to go on a roadtrip with hunting buddies!
8)

Sent via Tapatalk

so one more question then ill shut up on this topic. in "General" as a "general rule am i correct to say theat the zones with the bigests # are the best places to hunt? IN general?

or do i not get it yet?

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu