? Imperial NWR

THE_NEW_GUY

Dec 21, 2015
Beaumont
While I have been home for the last 3 months healing a broken leg , I've been looking into different places to waterfowl hunt. Is it or is it not legal to hunt Imperial NWR on the river for waterfowl? I've been on the NWR web page and reading it's like reading stereo instructions. I know over in Arizona Cibola NWR IS a popular place for Canadian Honker. Im looked into getting in Arizona out of state hunting license to hunt Cibola National Wildlife Refuge.

As far as I know, it is...It's been many years, but I recall hunting Oxbow, Ferguson, & Martinez lakes...Cibola has duck hunting too...I have heard there's been some changes though...Probably need to take a drive for real answers.

Reactions: THE_NEW_GUY
Thanks Steve. I was kind of thinking the same thing. Now that it's getting warm. I could go for a nice drive down to the river and check out some places for duck hunting, then camp out underneath the stars for the night.

Reactions: ilovesprig
Everything you need to know is on the website including a hunt map showing the closed areas.

Everything you need to know is on the website including a hunt map showing the closed areas.

Call me blind or call me stupid I didn't see it. I did see a map with purple and green on it.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200602-223425_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20200602-223425_Chrome.jpg
    168.2 KB · Views: 48
I still remember the honkers coming in wister by the thousands.just clouds of'em! They were smart too.
Oh,well.at least i have those memories.just like balwin lake was all cans and the limit was five.shot doubles and triples with lead.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu