Imperial Valley Scouting 8-28-15

ilovesprig

Staff member
Aug 3, 2012
Escondido
The good was we found doves in quite a few places.....The bad was they were very concentrated.....If we found a few, we found a lot, including good numbers of white-wings.....Also checked out Wister. The ducks are really starting to show up. Flood up has already started for the early migrators.....Oh, and watch out for the buzzworms in the early morning..... :eek:

My day in pictures......... ;D

ps......We also got 40 euros...... ;)

Attachments

• 002.JPG
    002.JPG
    626.2 KB · Views: 30
  • 046.JPG
    046.JPG
    706.2 KB · Views: 28
  • 025.JPG
    025.JPG
    796.4 KB · Views: 31
  • 042.JPG
    042.JPG
    418.6 KB · Views: 25
  • 038.JPG
    038.JPG
    572.4 KB · Views: 26
  • 048.JPG
    048.JPG
    673 KB · Views: 25
Re: Imperial Valley Scouting Trip Yesterday

One other cool sight was seeing 5 young mallards (not quite flying).....They could have been from Leon Lusika's (DWU) program, but does appear like mom is leading them away (she has orange bill, and a young hen would not have this yet).

Attachments

• 041.JPG
    041.JPG
    548.2 KB · Views: 22

Great pictures Steve. I officially have Dove fever! Ducks look great too can't wait to see them next week..... love this time of the year.....days away from opener...thanks for posting the pics

Kyle,

67 years old and I still have the "kid in a candy store" mentality for the opener............... :D

2dogs1name said:
It's going to be hot...bring plenty of water! How were the Mosquitos? Do I need my ThermaCELL?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Never saw a one..........Too hot for 'em......... ;D

ps.....Don't be fooled though.....I was around a feed lot. Then mostly inside a cab. I'm sure if your near water or alfalfa, they'll be plenty.....Bring it.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu