Indian reservation regs

xjon

Jul 26, 2014
Hunting d12 overlooking indian reservation when i hear gun shots and see hunting activity. So i checked dfw regs and i dont see muzzle loader season for d12. So i call cal-tips and speak to an agent. He says if its in indian reservation he will report to tribal law enforcement. But agent thinks they can hunt with rifles now. Any one know the regs off the top of their head??

If thats the case i need to find another spot away from reservation since I am seriously handicapped.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The reses pretty much do whatever they want on their land.....If there's animals there, I'd continue to hunt it.

Just because you hear gun shots doesn't mean some is shooting deer. When you are in the country gun shots are a normal thing.

Just because you hear gun shots doesn't mean some is shooting deer. When you are in the country gun shots are a normal thing.

Understood your statement. There are some areas around where people commonly target shoot. I understand the sounds made while target shooting. Even the simple few shots to verify zero. But when you combine shooting with a visual of a truck parking 3 times in the vicinity of deer, a man coming out of truck with a rifle in hand in thick brush country, im lead to believe one is rifle hunting.

Its not up to me to decide right or wrong. I just report my observations and let authorities handle it.

I just wanted to know if reservation has their own hunting regs or if they follow dfw.

I once spoke with the Tribal Game Warden and he was not happy I knew about that spot ;-). He suggested I hunt away from that area so that I wouldn't break any laws. I was kind enough to show him I knew where tribal and blm land met and I would stay on my side. xjon, if it's about the same area your talking about lots of traffic around there, quads, people fishing the canal, the bums, and seems that everyone is packing some type of gun. Good Luck bud I've seen a few ghosts in that area before.

Y
I once spoke with the Tribal Game Warden and he was not happy I knew about that spot ;-). He suggested I hunt away from that area so that I wouldn't break any laws. I was kind enough to show him I knew where tribal and blm land met and I would stay on my side. xjon, if it's about the same area your talking about lots of traffic around there, quads, people fishing the canal, the bums, and seems that everyone is packing some type of gun. Good Luck bud I've seen a few ghosts in that area before.
Yup-that sounds about right. Issue with bow hunting at that area is game tends to wander off and that is high risk of losing game into the res or farm. Ill just hunt elsewhere.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu