Insulated boots

Lots of good information in this post, and the timing was perfect for me. I am in need of a good set of boots and was certain I would buy Kenetreks after hearing so many good things about them. Before purchasing, I decided I should try on both Crispi's and Kenetreks so I could make a fair comparison. Fortunately they were both available in my size at Sportsmans. Wow, they are both amazing compared to what I have been wearing, and I don't think I could go wrong with either set. Really appreciate the information in this post and I am glad I tried them both on before purchasing. For my foot, I have decided to go with a pair of Crispi Guides. Thanks @KoozeDeer for initiating the post and thanks to all who offered suggestions.

Reactions: Fishnplay57
Lots of good information in this post, and the timing was perfect for me. I am in need of a good set of boots and was certain I would buy Kenetreks after hearing so many good things about them. Before purchasing, I decided I should try on both Crispi's and Kenetreks so I could make a fair comparison. Fortunately they were both available in my size at Sportsmans. Wow, they are both amazing compared to what I have been wearing, and I don't think I could go wrong with either set. Really appreciate the information in this post and I am glad I tried them both on before purchasing. For my foot, I have decided to go with a pair of Crispi Guides. Thanks @KoozeDeer for initiating the post and thanks to all who offered suggestions.
Agreed, great info in this post. Good to know Sportsmans carries both, I must try on before I buy.

So I went with the Crispi Nevada insulated. I went on a hike with them this morning after the rain so I could see how they worked in mud and the puddles. Real nice boot I must say, I did put a pair of insoles in them as I do most all my shoes. My feet stayed dry and even though it was not cold I could tell they should do great when it gets cold. I would feel confident wearing these boots in a mild snow storm. They have a little room so running a thick sock or two they won’t be cramped. I like them enough I may try one of their warm weather boots as well. Great buy and thanks for the advice everyone

So I went with the Crispi Nevada insulated. I went on a hike with them this morning after the rain so I could see how they worked in mud and the puddles. Real nice boot I must say, I did put a pair of insoles in them as I do most all my shoes. My feet stayed dry and even though it was not cold I could tell they should do great when it gets cold. I would feel confident wearing these boots in a mild snow storm. They have a little room so running a thick sock or two they won’t be cramped. I like them enough I may try one of their warm weather boots as well. Great buy and thanks for the advice everyone
@KoozeDeer glad you replied, because I was going to ask how you liked the Crispi's. After hearing @NBK recommendation and all the reviews, I'm going with Crispi over Kenetreks.

My first pair of boots were the Irish Setter Vaprtrek with 400 gr of insulation. My toes were hurting on those cold mornings if Spring when turkey hunting. BTW they were supposed to be water proof. Not at all.
When they got worn out I bouht a pair of Crispi Nevada. Last year was my first and I wared them on my Utah hunt on snow and cold weather. What a difference. My toes started to get cold after a long glassing session. But my feet never got cold nor wet. I also had to buy a pair of insoles. IMHO for the price they should come with better insoles.

Pictures.

Attachments

• 741C02EF-69E4-42BB-B561-51C9FEC37663.jpeg
    741C02EF-69E4-42BB-B561-51C9FEC37663.jpeg
    393.4 KB · Views: 9
  • DCEF5963-BEF8-4CDE-8339-676CE132E80C.jpeg
    DCEF5963-BEF8-4CDE-8339-676CE132E80C.jpeg
    567.8 KB · Views: 9
  • 32209DDB-7F93-4D77-8343-56E3A2E60334.jpeg
    32209DDB-7F93-4D77-8343-56E3A2E60334.jpeg
    435.3 KB · Views: 9
Reactions: sportyg
I've had good luck with Cabelas insulated rubber boots. They are super warm and even warmer than my wader boots.

Last edited:
I've had good luck with Cabelas insulated rubber boots. They are super warm and even warmer than my wader boots.
I have a pair of their insulated regular boots. They work well for what they are. I almost never need them despite hunting a few different states every year but they are excellent backup without the extra price tag IMO.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu