Interesting article in Time Mag

Sign me up. I've been looking at plenty of places in the city that I want to Hunt lol. Probably wouldn't happen here they just hire someone

We will never have an extreme over population in SoCal. We live in a coastal desert, with a lack of rain fall. Nature automatically regulates wildlife reproduction according to rainfall trends. I wish we would have 3 heavy rain seasons here. The pig population would explode. ;D

Invisible man said:
We will never have an extreme over population in SoCal.

I beg to differ sir. We have a cougar problem right now but it has not been addressed. In fact, San Diego County has more cougars per square mile than any place in the country.

Just saying...

NBK said:
Invisible man said:

I beg to differ sir. We have a cougar problem right now but it has not been addressed. In fact, San Diego County has more cougars per square mile than any place in the country.

Just saying...

I can testify to that I want a lion bad and can't seem to stop bumping into them 4 on the year. For sure not threatened

CMPeterson said:
I just want to be able to hunt Cuyamaca ;D Please.......

That would be so sweet!

So how many years before we can hunt lions?
With bear harvest numbers under 1k how many years before we can use dogs again?

With all the democrats and liberals in this state we will never see a season on lions again IMHO. For us hunters the management and control of predators is our responsibility if we ever want game populations to rebound. Just like anything else there's too many rules so this MUST be done under the radar. If anybody hears about any animal being harvested and they don't agree with it they will make a big ordeal and it just opens a can of worms. Put a little shovel in your pack and practice management. Shoot, shovel a mini.um of 2 feet, a shut the hell up. Loose lips sink ships so your partners must be sworn to the highest level of secrecy both on your spots and actions.

We also definitely have a HUGE yote problem. One killed our mostly indoor cat one morning in our fenced-in yard b/c we left the door open a crack to let our old dog go out at 5:30am, and after that I seemed to hear that they have no problem jumping over fences and grabbing pets in their mouth like take-away. :'(

NBK said:
Invisible man said:

Yeah, and that's just in the clubs!
;D

Sent via Tapatalk

Seriously, though. Big problem. Lions everywhere up in Laguna. There were a ton of fresh tracks Sunday am and a hunter I ran into was really spooked about it; kept checking his six.

As for coyotes, I live inside SD city limits and lots of big dogs have been attacked this year. Even if you have more than one, if any goes off by itself it will be no match for two hungry yotes. They are very efficient and can kill a big dog in a couple of minutes or leave it so maimed that you'll have to put it down.

My sister and her husband always kept two big dogs at the lighthouse they tended on Vancouver Island. They called them "lion bait".

Sent via Tapatalk

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu