Intro

amack26

Feb 29, 2016
Orange County
Hey everyone! I already posted in the big game forum and I guess I kinda jumped right in the deep end. I'll start by saying I have been hunting for 3 seasons now but spend 90% of my free time out calling coyotes or scouting deer. I took my first archery buck this last season and now plan to be a lifetime hunter. I came across this site while I was looking up information on public land to hunt here but as I have learned hunting southern California is difficult to say the least. We work for what we earn in the field and can be damn proud of it.

To cut it this short, I'm sorry for the intrusion on the big game forum and I hope to share and learn information on here for a long time to come

welcome to the site bud, enjoy. How successful have you been on the yotes any kill pics :)

ivhunter said:
welcome to the site bud, enjoy. How successful have you been on the yotes any kill pics :)

I have probably killed 10-15 within the last year and a half. As far as calling goes when I'm running the fox pro I have numerous yotes and a bobcat that our friend

that are some nice pics, good looking cat sir.

Thanks everyone! Already feeling the love.

SurfNHuntSD said:
Well done, sweet rifles too. I have the same scope on my AR but haven't used it in the field yet, only for punching paper and desert shooting. How do you like it shooting yotes at distance?

Which scope are you referring to? the one on the bolt gun or ar?

SurfNHuntSD said:
amack26 said:
Thanks everyone! Already feeling the love.

SurfNHuntSD said:
Well done, sweet rifles too. I have the same scope on my AR but haven't used it in the field yet, only for punching paper and desert shooting. How do you like it shooting yotes at distance?

Which scope are you referring to? the one on the bolt gun or ar?
AR
I love it. i found that with higher magnifications at closer ranges getting the dog in my crosshairs would be harder and with the 3 power with bdc for the .223 it made it so nice

here is my first deer, requested by ilovesprig. on the hoof he was about 140 but in total we got 84 lbs of meat off him. I know he isn't what most people would consider a trophy but being that it was my first deer ever I am beyond proud of it. Now I want to find a bigger more mature animal.

Attachments

• IMG_1698.jpg
    IMG_1698.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 19
a-26,

Any deer with a bow is a great one.....Don't sell that guy short, he's a beauty!.....Congrats.... 8)

Welcome to the site I have that same scope on my light weight AR it is great for quick acquisition.

Did you shoot the cat with a shotgun. Pretty cool three predators 3 different guns.

Truduct said:
Welcome to the site I have that same scope on my light weight AR it is great for quick acquisition.

Did you shoot the cat with a shotgun. Pretty cool three predators 3 different guns.

I would have loved to but I was running the 22-250 that stand. I did a european mount of the bobcat and it turned out pretty good. We let him keep the pelt

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu