Introductions

Stubby

Sep 16, 2018
Hey All,

I came across this forum a few weeks back, Ive enjoyed killing time reading up on all of your out of doors exploits. I'm a home grown San Diegan and do not often find like minded folks to talk shop with. Ive been hunting in SD County for 15 years, and I am an avid angler as well. I'm a young guy, career and family oriented, and would describe myself as a generalist outdoors man (Ive done a little of everything, I'm just not great at anything). I am a member of BHA and TRCP, and try and keep a pulse on hunters rights and public lands issues. I look forward to continue reading and sharing , you all seem like my kind of people.

Thanks!

I’m in La Mesa, my bread and butter locally is Deer and Turkey. I typically hunt A22 and D16 I’ve drawn our coveted G13 a time or two over the years. I hunt Pigs up north every now and then as well. I really enjoy pot hunting for small game and upland birds. cottontail, quail, dove mostly, certainly no expert on any of the above. I’ve dabbled with waterfowl recently and would like to cut my teeth on them some more. As I’ve become established career-wise I’m looking at my first out of state venture.

Stubs,

Welcome to SCH.....Sounds like you really enjoy hunting and the out of doors.....Look forward to hearing about some of your deer and turkey exploits (pictures always work).

If you're going to hunt waterfowl....Put in for the draws at San Jacinto & Wister, if you haven't already.....You'll have all kinds of new fowling buddies....;)

Reactions: Hunter_r925
Welcome to the form! Looking forward to hearing about you hunting adventures.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks everyone!

Sprig, I hunted Wister last year on an invite from a co worker. There was a steep learning curve for a first timer but I had a blast! I can’t wait to do it again.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu