Irvine Lake

Eff that lake... because of that lake and their desire to expand it... we no longer have SaddleBack Raceway. So whomever made that decision needs to take a flying leap thru a rolling donut hole.

yeah cant be having private property owners doing what they want on their dirt. I hear there is a guy running that will take the power from the evil companies.
Good news by the way The 91/71 race track is getting closer and closer to being open. no motorcross to start but if they can get open and stay open they will build a mx track
APP-Liberal-Bashing-rUSSIAN-sOVIET-cOMMUNIST-bERNIE-sANDERS-022219.jpg

No dirtbikes for awhile just yet. I'll probably eventually get a decent 99% dirt Dualsport bike at some point though. Like maybe a Husky or KTM.

First I gotta clean the carbs on my Honda Pacific Coast 800 and say goodbye, find her a good home first. To make some space in the garage. I'm gonna miss her though. Soo comfortable and really cool having the trunk on it. When you get where you're going you can stash your helmet and don't have to lug it around everywhere. I've used it to fetch new car batteries at least twice. Nice wide backseat with large hand-holding rails you can lash things to it. Can fit 3 Gallon jugs on each side of the trunk part!

Gotta another 1.5yr paying off the new windows / paint job on the house first though. Too much outflow right now, not comfortable with it. It gets nail-biting come tax time.

From Photos in the OC register it looks like a lot of people came out for the reopening. Any reports?

I read reports of some catching some large catfish. I've also read of people grousing because of the way things were handled, where they're allowed to park and allowed to fish and "conspiracy theories" that the people in charge really want to make it a venue ah la Coachella and have set up the fishing program to fail. No personal experience just info I read mostly from http://fishingnetwork.net/forum4/showthread.php?90218-Fished-the-City-Dump-today!-(Irvine-Lake) (read it for yourself if you want.

I’ve seen concerts there at the amphitheater and there have always been many recreational uses besides fishing at Irvine Lake. The OC supervisor who pushed to reopen seems determined to keep fishing alive at The Vine. Let’s hope he succeeds. According to the OC Register around 3,000 people showed up for the opener.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu