Is it Spring Yet??

Dave8pt

Dec 7, 2012
Went for a drive this afternoon with the family and saw some birds (on private land of course!) The pictures aren't great, my wife's the better photographer but the birds were on my side of the truck! Saw some longbeards; over 50 birds in this flock. Can't wait for spring!!

Attachments

• 12-29-12 068.JPG
    12-29-12 068.JPG
    541 KB · Views: 14
  • 12-29-12 078.JPG
    12-29-12 078.JPG
    357.9 KB · Views: 14
  • 12-29-12 084.JPG
    12-29-12 084.JPG
    474.5 KB · Views: 14
  • 12-29-12 072.JPG
    12-29-12 072.JPG
    531.4 KB · Views: 12
I can't wait for spring. I've been talking about it lately. I'm going to go with a bow this year. So ill see how that goes. (there will be a gun with who ever I take in case I get busted on the draw) can't wait to hear a GOBBLE

Yea I can't wait for spring. I went out this weekend too and saw the most turkeys in one place I've ever seen in my life. I should have taken some pics. Of course they're all on private land.

fordfan1 said:
Yea I can't wait for spring. I went out this weekend too and saw the most turkeys in one place I've ever seen in my life. I should have taken some pics. Of course they're all on private land.

Ya mister I've killed 2 bigger turkeys then my guide. Not to mention he called them in for you lol

Lol ill let u know after I knock out the biggest ones. O ya I'm only using my bow so u can bat clean up if I need it

Hunmmm talk to Peter. I have three to kill that wont take long but I'm sure there's a good chance. NO FLASH LIGHTS lol it messes with my eyes

Befor u commit those turkeys have family's do u really want to wreck a family

Its not unusual for toms to gobble in fall and winter. Turkeys were gobbling in november by lake Henshaw and I heard birds gobbling on Palomar during the first weekend of the deer season. I do have to say that I did see three toms strutting for a big group of hens two weeks ago so not a good sign but in most places the spring dispersal hasnt started and we have some cold weather coming in. Lets hope these toms will keep their pants on and the hens play hard to get for another month.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu