Is it too soon to be missing upland season?

WaterDawg

Nov 20, 2016
Went fishing at Diamond Valley Lake the other day (algae bloom, fishing sucked). I swear I heard and/or saw quail at every shoreline spot I fished. Wouldn’t it be great if the County and Water District would open all that area around the lake to Upland hunting?

Reactions: Moves
Kevin,

In the original management plan.....Domenigoni Lake Rec Area (Now DVL) was to have a hunting program......Waterfowl & upland.....After supposedly OK'ing the plan, it was never implemented.....What a surprise!

Kevin,

In the original management plan.....Domenigoni Lake Rec Area (Now DVL) was to have a hunting program......Waterfowl & upland.....After supposedly OK'ing the plan, it was never implemented.....What a surprise!
Yeah, huge surprise Steve. I saw lots of ducks too. A vastly under-utilized public resource there without hunting. But hey I did see two or three speed walkers in neon sweat suits on the trail around the lake.

Went fishing at Diamond Valley Lake the other day (algae bloom, fishing sucked). I swear I heard and/or saw quail at every shoreline spot I fished. Wouldn’t it be great if the County and Water District would open all that area around the lake to Upland hunting?
. Same deal at lake Morena alge fishing sucked.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu