ISO X9B PARTNER.......POSSIBLY.....

Triggerpull

Aug 16, 2014
D11
Hello everyone, I hope you're all doing well. I drew an X9B tag this year, and even though I'm planning to hunt solo, my family would prefer that I go with someone. As of right now, I am already planning a solo hunt for the first week of the season. I am going to give this hunt everything I got, but I do not think I can dedicate every weekend of the season to it, as I have a family and a crazy work schedule. As of right now, I am still working out locations, areas to park, areas to scout, areas to camp, etc...but I am convinced that I would like to park my jeep somewhere to use as a potential base Camp, but I want to pack in at high altitude, get away from people, rough it for 3-5 days in a spike camp deep in the backcountry and hunt the crap out of the area.

I do not have any hunting experience in X9B, but I am somewhat familiar with the area. I am exploring the possibility of partnering up with someone else that has that tag, and pooling our resources to accomplish the same goal. 2 heads are better than 1 right?? Again, this is just a possibility, it would need to be the right person.....

My general plan, is PMing first then talking on the phone. If all is well, meet up over beers, discuss options, come up with a plan then execute. I'm planning on heading up there in the next 4-6 weeks and scouting the area, maybe a 3 day weekend. I would also like to stash water and other supplies and set up trail cameras if I find a good area.

I need someone that is willing to pull their weight. You have to be motivated and willing to put in the miles and the work. Good boots, good pack and efficient layers are a must. This person can't be finicky with being in the backcountry for days. I do not want to be stuck out there with someone that will complain constantly, or try to tap out early. I get it, its easy to be homesick, or miss your family, but I take care of my family year round, so they are willing to let me take off for a week to get this done, I need that same mentality in a hunting partner. This person needs to share all of the responsibilities, gas, food, research, any prep work needed to get this done. If someone is down for this, then I am down for this.

You don't have to be a gear junky, but at least have the essentials. Have good boots, have a good pack. Be prepared and pack right, anticipate every situation and pack accordingly. I have extra clothing that i can lend if the size is right, I also have extra tent, sleeping pad, and other gear if needed. I am happy to share gear and help however I can. But I expect that this hunting partner be 100% committed to this arrangement and not bail out, flake at the last minute and cancel, forget things, tap out early. They need to be willing to take off of work if necessary to make this happen. unfortunately, I do not have a buddy or family member that will be available during that time, so if you have a X9B tag, are a resourceful person, and are willing to put in hard work then lets make it happen!!!!

PM me if you are interested. Thanks guys.

Last edited:
Larry could be your boy.....I mean..lots of simulatoritys here...hard core shit...go kill that buck dude...treat him like he owes you money!! Be mad at him!! KAPOOW!! Post him when he's dead..like dead dead!!

Last edited:
Trigger Pull,

Wow!...Straight and to the point...I do believe someone else here on SCH drew X9-B...Since, you have a jeep...You can get to an area that is historically one of the better places to be...It will save you miles of walking.......:blush:

I've never hunted for deer in this zone, but I have hunted chukar & blue grouse in Big Pine Cyn a lot...It's a huge area, steep, and wide open, but I would see deer most every time....... ;)

If you look at the pic, you can see in the back ground kind of what the habitat looks like...Bring your long shooter........:cool:

big pine cyn 1982.jpg

Reactions: blazintowers
Trigger Pull,

Wow!...Straight and to the point...I do believe someone else here on SCH drew X9-B...Since, you have a jeep...You can get to an area that is historically one of the better places to be...It will save you miles of walking.......:blush:

I've never hunted for deer in this zone, but I have hunted chukar & blue grouse in Big Pine Cyn a lot...It's a huge area, steep, and wide open, but I would see deer most every time....... ;)

If you look at the pic, you can see in the back ground kind of what the habitat looks like...Bring your long shooter........:cool:

View attachment 62397
Awesome picture, when was that? I hope that me being straight to the point didn't come off sounding brash. I just reeeally want to bust some ass and get this done. Thanks for the input

Again..not sure where he is now.. .but he is a killer..seen a pic of 2..

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu