Items to keep in the vehicle while hunting.

longbowhunter2

Oct 16, 2013
on the mountain
Well as was told we gut stuck a couple of times in the sand at IV.

Here is a list of must have Items. Mods feel free to add Items and make this a Pin.

#1) Tow stap or tow chain. Even a cheap harbor freight special.
#2) a small floor jack.
#3) jumper cables or emergency jump starter.
#4) folding shovel
#5) a hand crank winch, it will pull you out.
#6) emergency flash lights.
#7) keep two small boards, and 4 x 4 blocks.
#8) emergency fix a flats.
#9) emergency med kit.
#10 small tool kit, small hatchet, small sludge, heavy duty stakes
Plenty of rope,

#11) tons of water.

Best to you all, may the the Almighty keep you safe.
All of you heading heading out to IV , I suggest to get these Items.

edited : Bump

Ghost

how about a cell phone with an extra charging pack?

A piece or two or carpet is nice. Can sit on it while changing a flat, dust your feet off before goin in the tent, and they can help get you out of the sand

Queso chips

Attachments

• ruffles-queso-cheese.png
    ruffles-queso-cheese.png
    186.6 KB · Views: 106
A 4x4 if you hunt....

Extra tie rod inner & outer.....or a few hose clams and a pipe can get you until you hit the auto parts store

A space blanket can't hurt

Fire extinguisher is another must have

them chips are soooooo good with chili and lemon and a cold beer after a good hunt

Lots of good stuff listed......I have one of those Wal-Mart tubes in the bed.....Besides much of what is already noted, I carry extra motor oil, tranny fluid, brake fluid, blankets, paper towels, crow bar, come along, tire plug kit, air pump, electric air pump (cig lighter), wire brush, a bag of nuts & bolts, extra fuses, and something that I've used a 100 times.....Roll of bailing wire.

Great thread for guys that like being away from the highway...... ;)

ilovesprig said:
Lots of good stuff listed......I have one of those Wal-Mart tubes in the bed.....Besides much of what is already noted, I carry extra motor oil, tranny fluid, brake fluid, blankets, paper towels, crow bar, come along, tire plug kit, air pump, electric air pump (cig lighter), wire brush, a bag of nuts & bolts, extra fuses, and something that I've used a 100 times.....Roll of bailing wire.

Great thread for guys that like being away from the highway...... ;)

Hey Steve
Important one I left out tire plugs just had to use one yesterday. all good stuff there Steve. Bailing Wire is also very handy, I also for got duct Tape for hoses. and a air pump is all ways handy

Great thread. One other thing worth mentioning that off-roaders will tell you. If you are going off road, don't go alone. I don't always follow that advice, but if I'm alone I play it a lot safer.

MJB said:
A 4x4 if you hunt....

Extra tie rod inner & outer.....or a few hose clams and a pipe can get you until you hit the auto parts store

A space blanket can't hurt

Fire extinguisher is another must have

Good add Mark ;)

Bonejour said:
Great thread. One other thing worth mentioning that off-roaders will tell you. If you are going off road, don't go alone. I don't always follow that advice, but if I'm alone I play it a lot safer.

Don that should be # 1 rule. we all break it 8)

The number one rule we use on Tejon......if the road sucks now it's not going to get better

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu