it's a Jake dance party

Hey Ilovesprig

Whats the word population wise out there this year? I am getting back out there for the first time since last day of Duck season 2016.
Some BIG TIME Grown Stuff came up and put the whammy to all my adventures into the woods.

I am gonna get out the Wednesday of opening week. Going to hunt some public land where I always seen turkeys in the past.

Whats your feel for this year...if you don't mind me asking

Hey Steve007
Are you seeing more birds than in years past out there? In years past after a good rainy season it seemed like there were more birds. But those years were not following drought conditions like we've had.

I am OUT OF MY MIND STOKED to Turkey Hunt.
There is nothing like it and I can not wait to get back into the woods and plant my ass under a big old oak tree and watch Spring just GO OFF. So much fun

Thanks in advanced and good luck to ya!

John,

Our birds recovered some last year......Still way way down from just 4 years ago.....Many of us have decided to not hunt the fall, shoot bearded hens, and pass on jakes except for 1st timers or youth hunters.....This spring should give our birds here in SD a big boost.

Glad to see you're getting back out.

Hey Ilovesprig

Whats the word population wise out there this year? I am getting back out there for the first time since last day of Duck season 2016.
Some BIG TIME Grown Stuff came up and put the whammy to all my adventures into the woods.

I am gonna get out the Wednesday of opening week. Going to hunt some public land where I always seen turkeys in the past.

Whats your feel for this year...if you don't mind me asking

Hey Steve007
Are you seeing more birds than in years past out there? In years past after a good rainy season it seemed like there were more birds. But those years were not following drought conditions like we've had.

I am OUT OF MY MIND STOKED to Turkey Hunt.
There is nothing like it and I can not wait to get back into the woods and plant my ass under a big old oak tree and watch Spring just GO OFF. So much fun

Thanks in advanced and good luck to ya!

I've seen a sight increase in jakes, but I think its going to take a good 2 to 3 seasons with good water to bring the them back

Hey Fellas!

Thanks for the digital scouting report!

Ilovesprig - Thanks, you have always been stellar to me and I appreciate you Thank You

Steve007 - Thanks for the update. I have a little hole out there in Julian I am in love with. If no turkeys around there is enough Wildlife going off around me that is more gripping than anything you will ever see on tv!

Good luck this weekend!

John

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu