iv farms and ground squirrel

briantb

Anyone know if ground squirrel are a problem in the spring like the fields up north....

Would be a blast to head up to Cedarville for the squirrel shootout but 12 hour drive from so cal...ugg

c523e25d3a444f43627827c26d0d1813.jpg

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

I'd drive and split gas in my crew cab if any one wanted to car pool I've got room for 2-3. It sounds really fun to me.

I may take you up on that if you want to go mid April or so, weather is much better then and they shoot till July out there

I have info on a ranch that gives out permits

I love shooting ground squirrels. And this sounds like a cool event, but a long way to go to bet on the come line ( getting permission on private prop).

I went a few times years ago and honestly wasn't that comfortable hunting around so many people. Lol It was a zoo of crazy
That's what I heard too about the event, have you ever hunted alturas in April. .?

The guys I have talked to say it's nothing to shoot a couple hundred a day

Last edited:
I'd pay good money just to have a fun day like that. I had a few local spots that you could get 10-20 a day but they dried up with the drought.

So, I guess it's safe to say that the iv don't have a squirrel problem. .?

The IV is a desert that really doesn't have many ground squirrels.....Just these little chipmunk type things that are probably protected.

.051.JPG

Back