IV Rain

jth

Nov 3, 2014
The valley got dumped on yesterday. I was out today trying to scout but didn’t realize how trashed all the roads would be. I didn’t really push through to check any spots as I was solo in a large truck without 4x4 (I know). Turned around and shot 5 euros and got out the valley early. I should have snapped some pics. Maybe wister wasn’t that bad? No reservation this year so it was optimistic thinking anyways haha.

I was at plaster city yesterday and dude it got with it

On a side note… I saw like 30 specks on the side of the road in a puddle next to a field.

I was down there Saturday getting things set up and then did some bird hunting. I started to feel like Dorothy in the Wizard of Oz and Toto was my black lab. It got freaking dark and it was coming up from the South. We bailed out right in front of the sand storm that reminded me of the Mummy. Freaking un real. We blew through Octotillo and stayed in front. I am sure Niland got it. Just not sure how hard.

John

Reactions: jth
Friend said Wister got rained on pretty hard 12:30 ish. Was still sprinkling at 4:30 and expected to continue till 8 pm or so at Border Check on 111
Sucks, roads are going to be screwed up first weekend of the season!!!

We were camped in the eastern Mojave on saturday night and the storm came on quick but only lasted an hour and moved north. Nice show of lightning.

I was down there Saturday getting things set up and then did some bird hunting. I started to feel like Dorothy in the Wizard of Oz and Toto was my black lab. It got freaking dark and it was coming up from the South. We bailed out right in front of the sand storm that reminded me of the Mummy. Freaking un real. We blew through Octotillo and stayed in front. I am sure Niland got it. Just not sure how hard.

John

The weather extremes lately are just crazy.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu