JAVELINA DRAW DEADLINE

Lungpopper said:
Dead line for AZ Javelina is OCT 9th. Anybody putting in?

We were thinking about it, but for the same cost we're trying to book a hog hunt out of Bakersfield. Javelina are a fun and very do-able bowhunt. Not that you need any help ........ Are you going?

Do u have to draw for archery javalina? I thought it was OTC? I was thinkning of going this time but not soo sure yet. Maybe i'm gonna have to wait to see if there are any leftover tags if thats the case

The meat is really good if you like the smell of skunk ;D

I'm not sure how to cook those stink pigs ???

Is it OTC for the archery javelina? I'm always looking for something new to try that's within my budget. Javelina in AZ is something I've been looking at. I was under the impression they are all draw?

it's all draw but there are always leftover tags..if you do the archery I suggest you put an otc deer tag in your pocket.good chance of finding a nice buck while glassing for pigs..as far as eating one I'll just say good luck with that..

oneazbowhunter said:
it's all draw but there are always leftover tags..if you do the archery I suggest you put an otc deer tag in your pocket.good chance of finding a nice buck while glassing for pigs..as far as eating one I'll just say good luck with that..

Thanks for the info.

My buddy took his javie to a meat processor had it all made into pepperoni sticks with jalapeno. You store them in the freezer, they don't have to be thawed to eat and Wow they were awesome. Got about 18-20 lbs worth. They are great to eat while deer hunting. All the non-hunters in the family thought they were real pepperoni.

Let me start by saying anything is edible with enough processing. My mothers side of the family has lived in New Mexico for many generations and javelina made the menu from time to time. The challenge with them as I understand it is the scent gland and not letting it come in contact with the edible parts. It must be cleaned quickly and and cooled then with proper handling and the right amount of south of the border seasoning and preparation (I have had it more than once) it is good to eat.

I'm with snakecharmer. They are good eating. Down south in mexico, my family has them on their property and we hunt them down all the time. We make a big feast with them. DELICIOUS! I dont know why theres alot of people who say they are nasty? OH! They also make great pulled pork sandwiches ;) :D

I have heard Peccary called many things but "DELICIOUS" is not one of them! ;D

LOL!! Well John, I guess im just gonna have to prove it to u. Next trip, i will bring some back and cook it for u. Actually, i'll have my mother cook it, cuz shes the one who cooks it best. :) ;) :D ;D

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu