Just for the sake of conversation...

Huntndogs

Hunt with an ugly dog
Apr 19, 2011
Inland
Duck season is nearing and I am getting ancy :eek:

What do ya shoot, 3" or 3.5", 2's or 3's or something else, Kent, Winchester, Federal Etc.?

I shoot mainly 3" 3's from Kent but got some Rio shells I have been impressed with. Going to try shooting more 3.5" shells this season just because.

I am pummmped. I shoot a lot out of canals so 7 1/2 steel of corse. Some say that small for ducks I say not at 5 feet. My #3 shell is a real 3in 4 or 2 shot size. What I can get on the cheap. As for Kent's I hate them. I just don't like them I found myself two shooting a lot more birds then I do with other shells. Side note this is from 20 gauge experience but other shells I didn't seem to have that problem

I do not yet have 3 1/2 inch technology. I will be soon more towards a coyote thing

3" #3 hevi-metal, stuff just dies with it.

Hevi shot is a good company to. They take very good care of a lot of marines every hunting season. This year is no exception, a whole lot of ducks are going to find out about the new hevi-steel at this year's wounded warrior duck hunt

squidy said:
how many shells are you allowed to shoot with ?

As many as you want, off state or federal run areas or refuges.....On the areas, the limit is 1 box (25 shells).

I shot 3" 3's for ducks in the Kent 1 1/4. 1425 fps for years......I now seem to be shooting more of the higher speed stuff.......Kent 1550, 3" 1 1/8oz 3's or 3 1/2" 1 3/8oz #2's.

Just getting older on the swing I guess...........lol

ps...Shot some Rio's in Canada......3 1/2" 1 3/8oz BBB......Killed big honks pretty damn dead... ;)

squidy said:
so you are only allowed 25 shells in posseion per day ?

Your only allowed 25 shells on state operated wildlife areas and federal refuges.

Here's some regs for Wister & Hazard hunting areas.

Attachments

• IMG_8980.JPG
    IMG_8980.JPG
    483.1 KB · Views: 11

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu