Just for the sake of conversation...

Huntndogs

Hunt with an ugly dog
Duck season is nearing and I am getting ancy :eek:

What do ya shoot, 3" or 3.5", 2's or 3's or something else, Kent, Winchester, Federal Etc.?

I shoot mainly 3" 3's from Kent but got some Rio shells I have been impressed with. Going to try shooting more 3.5" shells this season just because.

I am pummmped. I shoot a lot out of canals so 7 1/2 steel of corse. Some say that small for ducks I say not at 5 feet. My #3 shell is a real 3in 4 or 2 shot size. What I can get on the cheap. As for Kent's I hate them. I just don't like them I found myself two shooting a lot more birds then I do with other shells. Side note this is from 20 gauge experience but other shells I didn't seem to have that problem

I do not yet have 3 1/2 inch technology. I will be soon more towards a coyote thing

3" #3 hevi-metal, stuff just dies with it.

Hevi shot is a good company to. They take very good care of a lot of marines every hunting season. This year is no exception, a whole lot of ducks are going to find out about the new hevi-steel at this year's wounded warrior duck hunt

squidy said:
how many shells are you allowed to shoot with ?

As many as you want, off state or federal run areas or refuges.....On the areas, the limit is 1 box (25 shells).

I shot 3" 3's for ducks in the Kent 1 1/4. 1425 fps for years......I now seem to be shooting more of the higher speed stuff.......Kent 1550, 3" 1 1/8oz 3's or 3 1/2" 1 3/8oz #2's.

Just getting older on the swing I guess...........lol

ps...Shot some Rio's in Canada......3 1/2" 1 3/8oz BBB......Killed big honks pretty damn dead... ;)

squidy said:
so you are only allowed 25 shells in posseion per day ?

Your only allowed 25 shells on state operated wildlife areas and federal refuges.

Here's some regs for Wister & Hazard hunting areas.

Attachments

• IMG_8980.JPG
    IMG_8980.JPG
    483.1 KB · Views: 11
Back