Kern county area

John Whorton

Oct 2, 2014
Does anyone know of any duck clubs or public lands that are hunted I have two spots that I've hunted regularly but they aren't flooding up this year so kinda bummed and lost now if anyone can suggest somewhere that would be awesome thanks in advance

I've heard of something new going on by wasco.. Not too sure tho I don't hunt ducks. Sorry I don't have a lot of info

Not real close, but it is in Kern Co.......South Fork of Lake Isabella......Hunted it many times, including openers. The later in the season the better.

Also, consider Mendota......Not that far away.

ilovesprig said:
Not real close, but it is in Kern Co.......South Fork of Lake Isabella......Hunted it many times, including openers. The later in the season the better.

More like pond Isabella... I use to always find duck decoys on that lake tho.

ilovesprig said:

yea that's not to far away from me lake Isabella isn't and its public land? Or is it a purchased hunt?

John Whorton said:
ilovesprig said:

yea that's not to far away from me lake Isabella isn't and its public land? Or is it a purchased hunt?

All public..........And like was stated, the lake is very low.........Mud flats and layouts will probably be in order.

If you live in the San Joaquin Valley, I'd suggest going to Mendota. It's just west of Fresno.

The place near Wasco that someone mentioned is called Goose Lake. The property is owned by California Waterfowl Association. It's a new property and they've put a lot of money into it. Plus THEY HAVE WATER!. You can apply for hunt here: https://www.signup4.net/public/ap.aspx?EID=Y01427E&OID=130

Who knows when or if Kern will open. I've called Sacramento, I've spoke with CWA headquarters, and it's all up in the air. There is no set opening date. It's closed until further notice.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu