Kuiu Order

TRICER

Dec 20, 2014
tricerusa.com
Well after having about $4500 in gear stolen last week the night before my hunt, I called the insurance and now I have to start replacing. Finally had my kit in order and now I have to rebuild it. No more camo for me except my rain gear, they always have a new pattern coming out solids are timeless and can be worn on the street as well. Here is my Kuiu order below figure this should cover 95% if what I do. Thieves stink.

PRO Bino Harness

PRO Bino Harness
Color: Ash
Size: L
Qty: 1

PRO Hydration Rig

PRO Hydration Rig
Size: OS

Bino Harness Accessory Pocket

Bino Harness Accessory Pocket

Platypus Hunting Hydration System

Platypus-KUIU Hoser
Color: Clear

Super Down ULTRA Hooded Jacket

Super Down ULTRA Hooded Jacket
Color: Black

Axis Vest

Axis Vest

Peloton 97 Fleece Zip-Off Bottom

Peloton 97 Fleece Zip-Off Bottom
Color: Gunmetal
Size: M

ULTRA Merino 145 Zip-T

ULTRA Merino 145 Zip-T
Color: Ash Brown

Peloton 240 Full Zip Hoodie

Peloton 240 Full Zip Hoodie
Color: Olive

StrongWool Hybrid Crew Sock

StrongWool Hybrid Crew Sock
Color: Grey Green

Last edited:
Damn dude..where you get jacked at? Did your auto insur cover this? I have 1 pair of camo pants...i need another at some point.

Break into you house, your shop/garage, roll off? WTF. Fucking dirt bags. Sorry to here that. Good luck on the hunt.

Damn dude..where you get jacked at? Did your auto insur cover this? I have 1 pair of camo pants...i need another at some point.
I blew it and threw my bag into the suburban in the driveway. I never ever do that it just slipped my mind I tossed it in and came out at 5am and it was gone. Tweakers gonna tweak!!! They even got my ammo had to reload 20 rounds just so I could go shoot porky.
Cameras going in shortly. Even with cameras there is nothing the cops can really do but hopefull they keep people honest.

• Dislike
Reactions: stikbrandon
Sucks purple cock dude..sorry to hear...but yup..tweaker gonna do what he need to keep tweaking...glad insurance stepped up.

Generally speaking it's hard sometimes to get insurance to pay up.if you have a good one hang on to them..
Better get an car alarms installed if you don't have one all ready. Because they will be back. Good security cameras do help.
I would put them all around the house.
Plus window and door alarms.
Im concern for you and your families safety. Stay safe.

Reactions: BBH
Generally speaking it's hard sometimes to get insurance to pay up.if you have a good one hang on to them..
Better get an car alarms installed if you don't have one all ready. Because they will be back. Good security cameras do help.
I would put them all around the house.
Plus window and door alarms.
Im concern for you and your families safety. Stay safe.
I am concerned for their safety if they come in the house. Mamma bear doesn't mess around!
Even with a camera the cops are not doing anything / cant do anything this state is going down hill fast. You can steal $900 in this state and not go to jail. On the neighborhood app a few people have them on camera but with masks on. Basically sheriffs are just telling everyone to claim in on insurance. Definitely a bummer. I can see myself getting out of El Cajon it's not the city I grew up in.

Reactions: longbowhunter2
I know a couple dudes in AZ...and they hunt ..often....let me know when you make the move

I am concerned for their safety if they come in the house. Mamma bear doesn't mess around!
Even with a camera the cops are not doing anything / cant do anything this state is going down hill fast. You can steal $900 in this state and not go to jail. On the neighborhood app a few people have them on camera but with masks on. Basically sheriffs are just telling everyone to claim in on insurance. Definitely a bummer. I can see myself getting out of El Cajon it's not the city I grew up in.
I no nothing except these grey beards.
And no doubt you all can take care of your selfs. Not being a busy body here.
The object is to have some type warning .
Doggies are great for that. Barking at intruders. Freaking tweekers don't sleep and show up at 1-3 am in the morning.
When every one is a sleep.
Enough said and be safe.
Take care.

Reactions: TRICER

Probably should head north to gods country brother man. Not saying Hemets***trash doesn't wonder through every once in a while but you know....

Last edited by a moderator:
dang sorry to hear man! However, I would return that kuiu bino harness and check out marsupial instead!
I have run the Alaska guide for years and really liked it. Trying the Kuiu I was looking at the marsupial do you like it?

my one complaint about the Alaska is that the straps were not self locking so they would loosen up.

yeah I love my marsupial, it is quiet and uses magnets to hold he lid closed / open and out of the way. I've run hit hard through 3 seasons and it hardly has signs of wear. You can even get the large one if you felt like carrying your SLC's on your chest.

I would say the big downside of marsupial is that they do not have a bino harness attachment big enough for the g7. When I bought mine I called them and asked them to custom make a size for a dad (big guy and he wanted to wear it over his jacket). So they cut him extra long straps free of charge.

If you want to check mine out sometime let me know.

yeah I love my marsupial, it is quiet and uses magnets to hold he lid closed / open and out of the way. I've run hit hard through 3 seasons and it hardly has signs of wear. You can even get the large one if you felt like carrying your SLC's on your chest.

I would say the big downside of marsupial is that they do not have a bino harness attachment big enough for the g7. When I bought mine I called them and asked them to custom make a size for a dad (big guy and he wanted to wear it over his jacket). So they cut him extra long straps free of charge.

If you want to check mine out sometime let me know.
Well I don’t own a G7 after last week. Probably got sold for $20 lol. I picked up those Sig Kilo 3000BDX 10x42. Should be pretty great for hunting. Internal ballistics our to 800 yards. Only thing I don’t like is they don’t have an internal weather/altimeter. You can pair them with a kestrel though which is great for wind etc. once paired with a kestrel you can get ballistics as far as you can get a range.

A lot of head shakes over here. I am frustrated for you. Sig has been tempting me with those binos or the 2400 ABS with their 20% off on eurooptics. I tested out a pair of those binos in December spotted some elk at 1.5 miles, I liked the glass but it was mid-day so I didn't do any low light checks. As of now, I think I am thinking I will buy the 2400 ABS instead.

Tweakers roam good neighborhoods after 11pm either on bike or 2 to a car. One guy goes from house to house checking mailboxes and curb side parked cars to see if anything is inside or if the door is unlocked, male /female partner at the steering wheel. My Brother has chased 2 of them away in the last year (he was packing).

Damn man that sucks. We just had one of our service trucks stolen from in front of one of foreman’s houses. Thieves are the scum of the earth.
Nice rebuild list though. I have the previous version Kuiu bino harness and I like more than any other I have tried. And I’ve just about tried every nice harness on the market. The new version with the hydration pack looks to be an improvement.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu