Lake Diaz and Convict Lake fly fishing

I can’t offer any fly fishing help. But if you have time and are looking for family fun it used to be great to wade into the hot upwelling at Hot Creek. Not sure what the current rules and regs are.

I can’t offer any fly fishing help. But if you have time and are looking for family fun it used to be great to wade into the hot upwelling at Hot Creek. Not sure what the current rules and regs are.

Been closed for years after some people got boiled.

That sucks!

Yep, enjoyed taking my kids there after fishing Crowley other than Euro trash dudes walking around in Speedos. I think there were a number of deaths. There are other less known geothermal pools in the area that aren't closed off but you might walk your kids into some couples getting it on lol.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu