Lake Henshaw Cabins - after a successful hunt

DanSanDiego

Venison for Thanksgiving 2016
Sep 18, 2014
Quick question for those who have stayed in the Lake Henshaw cabins during deer season: while staying at the Lake Henshaw cabins, if I'm successful in harvesting a deer and my hunting partner is not, can I hang and process the deer at the cabins or should I head out from the cabins as soon as I'm successful in getting a deer?

If we're both successful then we would return to our homes for processing. But if one of us is successful then we'd like to help the other one out the next day in trying to spot another deer.

Janice & Frank are very hunter friendly (owners of the Lake Henshaw Resort). I'm sure they have a tree that can be used for your deer.....I know they've even used their cold box for MCC members as well.....Give me a call, if you need a place to hang and skin. I know other folks in that area as well....

Oh, and buy yourself some elk bags too....I made my own out of two double bed sheets.....Way better.

Thanks for the offer and that is a great tip about the elk bags made from sheets.
There will probably be others from SCH at the Lake Henshaw resort during D16/G13 season. Looking forward to seeing the success of others.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu