Lake Henshaw

BrendonW

Oct 23, 2015
Hello everyone.

Just joined the forum and I've already learned a lot. I am also a servicemember from out of state and had a few questions about Lake Henshaw. I've looked through the website and regs and I can't find any dates or anything specific to the area. Could someone give me a run down on standard business over there?

Brendon,

Welcome to SCH and thank you for your service......It opens Dec 1st (or the closest Saturday to that date)......Wednesday & Saturdays to the public.......Been told there's going to be a number of changes. So you may want to call up there......760-782-3501

ilovesprig said:
Brendon,

Welcome to SCH and thank you for your service......It opens Dec 1st (or the closest Saturday to that date)......Wednesday & Saturdays to the public.......Been told there's going to be a number of changes. So you may want to call up there......760-782-3501

Oh boy, what kind of changes? More MCC and less public? Higher costs? More restrictions?

Welcome to the SCH forum BrendonW! If you call Henshaw, let us know your findings.

So I called and this is what I was told.

Generally they open the first Wednesday of December. However this year they are waiting until they start seeing the waterfowl come in. So they aren't giving out a specific date. Also, boat rentals are $50 and to hunt is $25. Seems a little ridiculous to me but hey, what can you do? As far as set up, she did say that coming out the day prior and setting out deeks and blinds is required.

Speaking of which I'm trying to get my hands on a pop up if anyone is trying to part with one. I'll look in the classifieds.

BrendonW said:

Generally they open the first Wednesday of December. However this year they are waiting until they start seeing the waterfowl come in. So they aren't giving out a specific date. Also, boat rentals are $50 and to hunt is $25. Seems a little ridiculous to me but hey, what can you do? As far as set up, she did say that coming out the day prior and setting out deeks and blinds is required.

Speaking of which I'm trying to get my hands on a pop up if anyone is trying to part with one. I'll look in the classifieds.
You will have better luck searching the term "layout" not pop up.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

nicapopolis said:
BrendonW said:

You will have better luck searching the term "layout" not pop up.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Sound advice..................... ;)

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu