Lake Hodges 2nd Opener 2020

ilovesprig

Staff member
Aug 3, 2012
Escondido
Hunted rabbits in the morning and it was a total cluster f*ckage…Brought the new Gauntlet pellet gun...Thought I was dialed in and but apparently I loaded the little clip thingy wrong...Missed two and then couldn't shoot anymore in my best spots...Went to MCC and the mustard as in most places, is really high...Just couldn't get shots...Managed one long bomb with the CZ .17

Got to Lake Hodges at about 2:00...After I paid, I asked the girl how many permits she had sold...238 at that point and that DID NOT include seniors or youth...Just like the old days...lol...While waiting for fishing partner Jim, I talked to folks coming out...Not one fish was reported...YIKES...Although, there was an 11 1/2 caught earlier in the morning...NICE!

We got in the water at about 2:30...2 1/2 hours later, we hadn't had a bump...We decide to switch areas on the lake...I also down sized to a Ned rigged worm...About 20 minutes later, I got that 1st bink...Nice solid 2 1/2 lb'er…Another 100 yds down the bank, I got bit again...But this fish came unbuttoned after the hook set...Another 50 yds, and I get bit again, but this girl stays hooked (tiny hook on a 1/16 jig head)…5.4 lbs...Nice way to end the day.

ps...Budget cuts?...Wonder how much these flyers cost the city?

.043.JPG055.JPG060.JPG045.JPG

Nice fish. I didn't know Hodges was for drinking water. Lived here my whole life and never heard anything about birds on the shoreline.
STRANGE SIGN FOR SURE

Hunted rabbits in the morning and it was a total cluster f*ckage…Brought the new Gauntlet pellet gun...Thought I was dialed in and but apparently I loaded the little clip thingy wrong...Missed two and then couldn't shoot anymore in my best spots...Went to MCC and the mustard as in most places, is really high...Just couldn't get shots...Managed one long bomb with the CZ .17

Got to Lake Hodges at about 2:00...After I paid, I asked the girl how many permits she had sold...238 at that point and that DID NOT include seniors or youth...Just like the old days...lol...While waiting for fishing partner Jim, I talked to folks coming out...Not one fish was reported...YIKES...Although, there was an 11 1/2 caught earlier in the morning...NICE!

We got in the water at about 2:30...2 1/2 hours later, we hadn't had a bump...We decide to switch areas on the lake...I also down sized to a Ned rigged worm...About 20 minutes later, I got that 1st bink...Nice solid 2 1/2 lb'er…Another 100 yds down the bank, I got bit again...But this fish came unbuttoned after the hook set...Another 50 yds, and I get bit again, but this girl stays hooked (tiny hook on a 1/16 jig head)…5.4 lbs...Nice way to end the day.

ps...Budget cuts?...Wonder how much these flyers cost the city?

.View attachment 44703View attachment 44704View attachment 44705View attachment 44706
Good stuff there Steve.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu