Lake Hodges Opener 2015

ilovesprig

Staff member
Aug 3, 2012
Escondido
Got to the lake around 1:00.......Got the 1st bass of the spring at about 12:30 pm ('lil guy)....... Good bite on 5" skinny Senkos in green pumpkin bf.......Got 9 fish and lost another 3 in the brush (8 lb in wood doesn't do well......lol).

Boy, it's fun feeling that 1st "Bump" of the year.......... ;)

Attachments

• DSCF0522.JPG
    DSCF0522.JPG
    498.3 KB · Views: 56
  • DSCF0524.JPG
    DSCF0524.JPG
    726.2 KB · Views: 47
  • DSCF0525.JPG
    DSCF0525.JPG
    547.1 KB · Views: 51
Nice gotta love getting bass on senkos that's probably the number one bait I throw for bass. I've been getting bass since literally the first day of the new year in some local ponds. nothing over 3lbs yet though. Congrats on a good day

Lungpopper said:
Doesn't look like it had the big opening day crowd.

Not like the old days Darryl.........Remember when the line was all the way out to Lake Dr. to get in?.......Maybe 25 boats and a handful of crappie fisherman.

The Hodges opener was always a big deal. I remember getting there right at dark the day before to wait for it to open and there would be 25 to 25 boats in line already.

ilovesprig said:
Got to the lake around 1:00.......Got the 1st bass of the spring at about 12:30 pm ('lil guy)....... Good bite on 5" skinny Senkos in green pumpkin bf.......Got 9 fish and lost another 3 in the brush (8 lb in wood doesn't do well......lol).

Boy, it's fun feeling that 1st "Bump" of the year.......... ;).

Back to the future or what Steve? lol

I was waiting to read a report from the opener and should have known to just check in with you!

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu