Lake Hodges Opener 2019

ilovesprig

Staff member
Aug 3, 2012
Escondido
Cold and blustery makes for a really slow bite.....Saw one fish caught....Plus the one I lost at the boat and Jim got a dink.....Normally, I like fishing the beach super slow and in the brush & rock with Senkos….Tough to do in a boat that's moving and wind that is blowing.

The lake has come up a lot and looks great for a later bite....Oh, I did get a pretty nice crappie.....lol

.007.JPG018.JPG013.JPG

toad crappie!
You guys remember maybe 20+ yrs back when the hodges dam was overflowing for what seemed like months?

Good effort Steve. I had a feeling it would be really tough today. But you did nail a 4-taco crappie!

You will probably never see Hodges overflow again. Several years ago they laid a pipeline to Olivenhein to pump water to that reservoir. Great to see the back water towards I-15 filled that's a great spawning area. P.s I know where you caught the crappie...

Nice job on the crappie. Took the day off and I went to Dixon chasing catfish and got skunked it was a chilly morning glad I wore my base layer!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You will probably never see Hodges overflow again. Several years ago they laid a pipeline to Olivenhein to pump water to that reservoir. Great to see the back water towards I-15 filled that's a great spawning area. P.s I know where you caught the crappie...

Fred,

As long as the water inflow stays thru the spring....The spawn should be good....The last couple years recruitment has been really good.

ps.....Always a go to spot.....;)

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu