Lake Wohlford report

kylemg0009

Jan 20, 2015
Costa Mesa, CA
Good friend of mine and I hit up wohlford Friday morning, had practically the whole lake to ourselves. Tons of bait fish were schooling in the morning so we got super excited. Threw top water for the first couple of hours and NOTHING, I couldn't believe it. Switched to a brush hog, freaking caught two catfish :/ ... Then put on a blue gill patterned square bill, caught a catfish.... Decided to tie on my savage gear trout glidebait, you guessed it, caught ANOTHER catfish. Finally got one good sized bass fishing an offshore Boulder with a senko wacky rigged. Tough day, sunburned legs, and weather reaching almost 95 degrees. Really want to figure out those bass, I'm thinking they moved to deep offshore structure.
f0dc28b733eda0119d305e0d053f0fc7.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nice fish.........Wohlford has always been a good off shore structure lake.....Now that's there so few boats and tulies starting to take hold, shore banging should get better.

Chris_Schulte said:
Nice bass. Did you guys throw those catfish back?

Yeah threw 'em back in, im not much of a catfish guy... there was a father and son targeting catfish who got on the lake and we just let them know where we kepy accidently hooking them up.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu