Last day card

Thwacker

Sep 11, 2014
we got draw #9 for wister on the last day of the season, do you think it's worth going?
Besides its a day hunting and all that good stuff.
Btw we only have a couple of dozen snow shells
Thanks all And a few dozen duck

I'd wait to see if any new birds come in. Right now it's slow there, plus Sundays have been super tough this season.

Do it!! Or you'll be kicking your self in the ass for the next 8 months.

I'd go. Plan to sweat saturday and hunt sunday as well. It is a good excuse to make you get out.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

I drew a Sunday#6 this year and me and a friend ended up with 4 Pins with a total of 10 birds.
Much better than doing honey dues!

Not going to sugar coat it.........Wister is super tough even on Wednesdays and Saturdays........But, there is something to be learned on every trip......Like was mentioned earlier. Go out and sweat line it on Saturday, then hunt Sunday......Historically, this isn't the time of year for big bird numbers.

I would go , I was there wed the 20th . We got a few . missed even more . Am was ok then about 2 pm things picked up .

dhntr48 said:
I would go , I was there wed the 20th . We got a few . missed even more . Am was ok then about 2 pm things picked up .

I should have been where you were.......Never lifted my gun after 11:30 am.......And I stayed till dark...... :-[

ps......Had 4 by 7:30 am and 5 at 11:30 am.....So boring, even Trigger couldn't stay awake.....lol

Attachments

• 068.JPG
    068.JPG
    859.4 KB · Views: 16
Thanks guys for all of your replies,
Unfortunately I can't make it Saturday so Sunday only, is there a blind I might be able to get some snows with my limited decoys? I have a new very good recipe for goose sausage and would like more meat to grind some.

Thwacker said:
Thanks guys for all of your replies,
Unfortunately I can't make it Saturday so Sunday only, is there a blind I might be able to get some snows with my limited decoys? I have a new very good recipe for goose sausage and would like more meat to grind some.

Giving or asking for blinds over the web is a no no......But I'm happy to help you via call or pm...... ;)

Sorry guys I didn't Mean to offend anybody but I don't get down to wister but once a year because I bowhunt and have a long season with that, so would like to make the most of a trip to the sea, plus the sausage and jerky is good.
And I do appreciate all of your comments

Here it is, try to go 30% or more pork for sausage and 20 or so for jerky, makes good slim jims

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    559.6 KB · Views: 15
Scott,

Thanks for sharing......That recipe would go good in the food forum.....Nice talking to you as well.

Bring your tow strap ,I was stuck two times , got pulled out one time , and pulled another guy out of the mud . Bad in the AM

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu