Last minute advice request: Bowhunting D12/D16

moxford

Nov 11, 2015
Hi all. Got into bowhunting but have missed most of the season except for D-12 and D-16.

I'm debating a very long drive from the northern California area (well, Bay Area) down that way and at least get some field-time if nothing else.

I'm backpack-capable with no issues getting back in the hills for days at a time (I do SAR work up here so most of my gear is dialed in pretty good.) I've been shooting (archery) for a number of years but just upgraded my gear and have an OTC AO tag. The D-12/16 seasons are closing shortly so I'm hoping to get at least one trip in before I have to settle in for months of hogs. =)

Any suggestions or general tips for those area would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

-mox

Moxford,

Welcome to SCH.......There are archery only areas here in D-16 (Laguna's & San Felipe WA).....Long drive, but sounds like you're willing to do it for the chance at a buck.....I'd say go for it.....Hell, I drive all the way to NoCal to shoot a damn duck or goose..... ;)

ps.....Let us know when you get here.....Lots of guys will help you.

The lagunas is probably ur best bet theres lots of deer and bucks. It is a short time frame but can be done. I hunt there every year and always get at least one oppurtunity. Its best set up for bow hunting also so i would focus on lagunas.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu