Last Turkey Hunt of the Season?....Definite Maybe....lol

ilovesprig

Staff member
Aug 3, 2012
Escondido
Tanner and I went out one more time today.....Lots of action, but because it's bow only, he didn't get one...... :(

Long beard walked within 20 yards of the blind, but on the wrong side of pop-up. This old guy came from a long ways and when he committed down the hill, I thought we had him (I was calling from above and he walked right pass me towards the decoys). When he got even with the DSD jake & Decption hen, he just half strutted and kept walking......So close, but yet so far..... :p

Few pix from today....5 jakes & 1 long chasing a hen, that's a wood duck in the pond, San Diego gray squirrel, a bearded jenny, the monster long that skirted Tanner, and a hen with 1 poult.....We did see another hen with 5 or 6.... 8)

ps.....I have video of the big boy too.....You tubin' it..... ;)

Attachments

• 003.JPG
    003.JPG
    526.3 KB · Views: 33
  • 004.JPG
    004.JPG
    560.7 KB · Views: 36
  • 008.JPG
    008.JPG
    744.5 KB · Views: 33
  • 013.JPG
    013.JPG
    646.6 KB · Views: 36
  • 028.JPG
    028.JPG
    752.1 KB · Views: 36
  • 031.JPG
    031.JPG
    813.8 KB · Views: 33
  • 035.JPG
    035.JPG
    913.6 KB · Views: 34
Wow that's a big boy! Too bad Tanner couldn't arrow it. I'm hoping I can arrow one tomorrow, fingers crossed.

Here's the video.......This is a great gobbler and he didn't get that way from being stupid!

.https://youtu.be/EAh0VVpBSD8

Matagi said:
Wow that's a big boy! Too bad Tanner couldn't arrow it. I'm hoping I can arrow one tomorrow, fingers crossed.

Gen,

Everything were super leery of the decoys.....With a shotgun we would've been fine, but with a bow, it's almost imperative that you use them.....Good luck.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu