Law suit to dis-ban NRA

The legislative agenda you layout sounds great - I am support of every single point. In 2016 the Republican's controlled all three branches of government, and we got a tax cut for the wealthy. The Democrats had zero legislative power, and we didn't get border security, lower drug costs, any movement on the 2nd Amendmendment, (and I had hopes) and energy independence was largely started under Bush and extended during Obama. Where i will give the President credit is standing up for America to China.

President Trump has a single super power, and that is his other worldly ability to fight - it is truly impressive. However, I want wins for the topics I care about and in my opinion the results aren't there. The question voters will be asking themselves is not "do I like how President Trump communicates his ideas," but "do I feel better off than I did four years ago?" We will see what they say.
Must disagree on one point, the tax cuts affected all of us positively. Doubling the personal deduction from $12000 to $24000 for couples filing jointly saved up middle classers a lot of $$$. Put a couple more thousand in my pocket and in the pockets of tens of thousands like me. All tax brackets were modified benefiting all. The business tax cuts were really what the cuts were all about and they benefited business tremendously. Part of what made the economy boom like it did. Reduction in corporate tax rates made US corporations more competitive around the world. Remember the better US business does the more jobs and the better we all do. Also when taxes on business are raised the business for the most part doesn’t pay it, we pay it in the form of higher prices. And yes the evil wealthy got a nice tax break but it doesn’t really have any effect on the middle class.
One other point, Obama did nothing for energy independence , he did everything to devastate the entire energy industry except of course pie in the sky green energy which was a dismal failure. He put so many regulations on the energy industry we are lucky it survived. I remember his energy czar talking about and promoting high gas prices of up to $10 a gallon and higher which would have killed energy and crashed the economy.

I am all for tax cuts. I would move to Texas to get one. The only reason I'm in California is because my kids are here. I just don't think tax cuts were sufficient progress on the nations problems for two years of total legislative control. I have a different take on Obama and green energy. The Chinese were going to completely dominate solar panel production, and we needed to have an iron in that fire. Even if you don't believe in green energy enough of the rest of the world does that we want to manufacture and sell products. The Chinese government was propping up internal manufacturing just like the Japanese and Koreans did and do. I think Federal support was warranted.

@ilovesprig . My number one issue is money and corruption in politics. The number one predictor of who will win an election is who has the most money. That is across the political spectrum. As a result our politicians care about money more than anything else. They don't represent "we the people" they represent their donors. I am totally disgusted by the neoliberal corporatist agenda, and again, that is both sides. I don't think we can fix any of the other problems until we fix that one.

There was a moment when President Trump was running for the nomination in the primary in South Carolina, and the crowd boo'd him. And his response was perfect, he said, and this is a quote from memory: "the reason you are all booing me is because you are in the bag for these other guys, and you bought them because you are the donor class. People at home, these people paid a lot of money to get here, that is why they are booing." I think a lot of us hoped he would reflect that understanding about our politics in his presidency. Instead we got the usual set of bankers and wall street types.

The only bright spot I see in American politics is almost everyone can see we have a real long term problem with China. We do, however, need to vote Senator Feinstein out of office her comments on the CCP were indefensible:

What F'ing planet is she living on?

And she had a "Spy" working for her for how long?

Every investor I know say government run "Green energy" is a loser and BS...Trump wants us self sufficient and we have achieved that goal...This world can not function without oil based products...Just a fact of life.

Part of the reason I like our president is because he can't be bought and wasn't a true lifelong politician...Hell, he doesn't even take a salary.

Biden on the other hand, has been bought and is crooked as a dogs hind leg

Out of curiosity, what are the topics that you care about?

This country was enjoying the greatest economy it had ever experienced, including all minority groups...Then what do you know, a world wide pandemic shows up...And from all places China...Then a police incident starts riots and racial discourse thru out the country...BLM and ANTIFA take over cities...OUR president is FORCED to make hard decisions...Do you possibly think for second that this wasn't planned just before an election?...The fact that 1,000's of people have died or that our economy and people have been hit hard is only collateral damage to the Marxist/democrats to have control over our people.

Wake up to what the liberal, current day democrats stand for...Biden is just a figure head for this movement.

Steve , no offense meant but you're debating politics with a man that fed his children ground squirrel.

They are trying to abolish the NRA simply because if they only got rid of that idiot Wayne La Pierre they'd be doing us a favor.

They are trying to abolish the NRA simply because if they only got rid of that idiot Wayne La Pierre they'd be doing us a favor.

I've never cared much for Wayne La Pierre...BUT...I'll wait and see what pans out before I take the liberal word of some politician that is known to hate gun ownership, the NRA, and conservatives in general.

I've never cared much for Wayne La Pierre...BUT...I'll wait and see what pans out before I take the liberal word of some politician that is known to hate gun ownership, the NRA, and conservatives in general.
I'm going to see how it pans out as well but they're not surprising to me as people have been saying these types of things about him for quite awhile now.

I would guess that the plan is to go after the low hanging fruit 1st...La Pierre being the most tenured, the most disliked, and would be most likely to have used funds from the organization.

Again, I'm taking the side of the NRA.

Reactions: CAL'NDN

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu