Let the crying begin~non lead price gouging..

So, has anyone bought ammo since the new regs? I checked at my local Walmart today to see they still have ammo, but no sales until the 12th. I’m guessing they are waiting for the tooling needed from the DOJ. If that is the case, I’m not surprised the DOJ didn’t have their ducks in a row.

You should learn how to reload rifle ammo. Honestly it’s pretty easy once you get set up and it can cut the cost of good copper ammo like Barnes down to about 75 cents a round. And if you’re only reloading for one or two calibers easier still. Plus you can still order all components via internet and get them mailed directly to you, no background check or bullshit. It’s the way to beat the man at his own game. I’m happy to give advice or help setting up

This whole issue is like chess or checkers. They are 5-10 moves a head. If it would stop now I would accept it. But you know they are not stopping right.
THIS... is an EXTREMELY TRUE statement in this State which is FILLED with minds which are EXTREMELY gullable and moldable by the Media.

Like... just in MY lifetime alone... starting from like about 11yo on up... I noticed how.. on the broadcast lame-stream media news... they started making it a point... whenever they could... to hit those buzzwords they wanted to demonize.... such as "Semi-Automatic". And it's like.. uh..yeah.. duh... it was a semi-automatic...Helloo.....!!! McFly!!! It's the later half of the 80's... they're all predominantly semi-autos now... get over it!

But now... they want to make sure they've linked those two words... Murder/Killing... and Semi-Automatic. It started changing I'd say... beginning of the 80's. Before then... they didn't really dive into these Multi-syllabic descriptions of the weapons used. At best... they might say a "High-Powered Rifle". AND... you started to notice that they'd be sure to vocally hit those words with extra precise diction in their speach now and slow-down their tempo and cadence to their speech pattern to draw extra attention to those words. Most folks probably wouldn't even notice it. But I did. And it was almost like they got bummed when it was a crime that occurred with a regular ol' Revolver, because then they couldn't do their hit-the-buzzwords-with-extra-emphasis thing.

All these little things are very important psychologically in terms of how they are engineering the perception and opinion of the masses.

Last edited:
I am going to demand that Governor Gavin Newsom aka Dumbass ban lead from all law enforcement in this state. If I am ever shot in a cross fire from law enforcement and not killed then I will sue this state for lead poisoning. I will sue to the extent that his great grandchildren will still be paying me....And if I am bitten by a mountain lion then I want it brought up on attempted murder charges.... LMAO

You should learn how to reload rifle ammo. Honestly it’s pretty easy once you get set up and it can cut the cost of good copper ammo like Barnes down to about 75 cents a round. And if you’re only reloading for one or two calibers easier still. Plus you can still order all components via internet and get them mailed directly to you, no background check or bullshit. It’s the way to beat the man at his own game. I’m happy to give advice or help setting up

Frank,

So what would be the start up cost for loading 308? Then heck in may as well load 12 gauge too for Waterfowl!

Thanks
Matt

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Frank,

So what would be the start up cost for loading 308? Then heck in may as well load 12 gauge too for Waterfowl!

Thanks
Matt

you can get into a least expensive setup from RCBS Rock Chucker kit for around $325 to $375, press, scales, powder charger, blocks. You can get .308 dies for around $35.00. This is the least expensive. If you want to get into a progressive stage system well your looking at some big bucks. The rifle dies is where you put money down for multiple calibers. Bag of .308 brass for around $17.00 per 100 count.

So, has anyone bought ammo since the new regs? I checked at my local Walmart today to see they still have ammo, but no sales until the 12th. I’m guessing they are waiting for the tooling needed from the DOJ. If that is the case, I’m not surprised the DOJ didn’t have their ducks in a row.

The system works fine and its quick. It worked from day one. Not a fan of course, but its simple and fast if your are in the system.

you can get into a least expensive setup from RCBS Rock Chucker kit for around $325 to $375, press, scales, powder charger, blocks. You can get .308 dies for around $35.00. This is the least expensive. If you want to get into a progressive stage system well your looking at some big bucks. The rifle dies is where you put money down for multiple calibers. Bag of .308 brass for around $17.00 per 100 count.

Thank you! It sure would save money and I would also go to the range more often!

Is it true if you didn't buy a rifle like
308 , and you try to buy ammo for 308 it will take longer for back ground check? thanks

No not true. If you are in the system you can buy any ammo over the counter. if you are not in the system, then your first transaction could take a few days. Once your in, your good...

Reactions: longbowhunter2

Sorry I haven’t been on in a while. The answer for rifle was pretty spot on. If you want to load steel shotshells you’ll need a MEC steelmaster press - about 300$ plus components, maybe $200 to start. Look online at Connie’s components. They sell a lot of the non toxic shot stuff. I’m not reloading steel shot yet. I’ve got plenty

Reactions: longbowhunter2

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu