Lets see banded birds and where they from

i have been in a band drought for a while now, been over 10 years! where you hunt matters so much. i have a friend that hunts a private pond near SJ and they pull bands every time they hunt it. When i used to hunt Utah a lot bands were a regular thing. Where i hunt now not so much lol

for you guys that have a band as a must have the best place on earth to get one is San Quintín in baja shooting black brant. You can more or less cherry pick birds and get a band. bajahunting.com to book a hunt.

I have exactly 0 bands but my buddy who's only 17 has killed at least 25. Here's the lanyard with all of rn next to the only duck we've killed so far today killed by me.
c9f06644630bf398b4e49a06b7c9f8a9.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have exactly 0 bands but my buddy who's only 17 has killed at least 25. Here's the lanyard with all of rn next to the only duck we've killed so far today killed by me.
c9f06644630bf398b4e49a06b7c9f8a9.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Whoa! Ebay much!? Haha

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Steve,
You have put the smack down on the honkers! San Luis Rey River is that by Ocean Side? All the ducks you kill, any duck bands?
22 honker bands, just awesome!

Aaron,

For many years we had permission on properties in O'side & Bonsal along the San Luis Rey River.....Our last year was two seasons ago.....I've averaged about 200 ducks a year for a long time & have a grand total of 4 banded ducks.....lol

Pintail banded in 6-74 in Saskatchewan.....Shot at Wister opening day, 1975

Mallard banded in 6-91 in Ocean Lake, Wyoming......Shot at Vail Lake, 1992.

Redhead banded in 9-2010 Carson Lake, Fallon, Nevada......Shot at Kern, 2010

Cinnamon Teal banded in 7-2006 at Mendota......Shot at Hazard Unit, 2011

.wister 11-30-11 010.JPG

Aaron,

For many years we had permission on properties in O'side & Bonsal along the San Luis Rey River.....Our last year was two seasons ago.....I've averaged about 200 ducks a year for a long time & have a grand total of 4 banded ducks.....lol

Pintail banded in 6-74 in Saskatchewan.....Shot at Wister opening day, 1975

Mallard banded in 6-91 in Ocean Lake, Wyoming......Shot at Vail Lake, 1992.

Redhead banded in 9-2010 Carson Lake, Fallon, Nevada......Shot at Kern, 2010

Cinnamon Teal banded in 7-2006 at Mendota......Shot at Hazard Unit, 2011

.View attachment 29139

I new you had to have some duck bands....LOL :)

200 duck avg per year just goes to show you how rare duck bands are.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu