Let's talk next year......

Man, reading stuff like this makes me wish I was back home. No tags, just a limit of 1 buck and 1 doe every day of the season.

CritJoe said:
Man, reading stuff like this makes me wish I was back home. No tags, just a limit of 1 buck and 1 doe every day of the season.

Yeah, better stay on good terms with your buds back home... You may need a fix of easy white tail pickings now and then. ;D
I'm new to this area too and I have been amazed at how challenging it is to hunt mule deer on public land in Southern California. I feel like I've only scratched the surface this past year, but I got close and if I'd drawn G13 instead of D16, I'd have harvested a deer. This forum is really helpful if you show you are willing to put the work in, in the field. Meanwhile, rifle season is over so I'll be out scouting, stalking and shooting (with my camera). ;D

Sent via Tapatalk

As I read it for next year both D16 & A22 are draw tags their fore one tag only you can't have 2 draw tags. So all of San Diego's tags are all draw..........which I don't get why

X zones are a good choice for points don't waste your points on an A22 tag that's just silly. Put A22 as your second choice on your first tag that's how most do it. Last year 130 something tags were left over and took two days to sell out.

I lived in GA for a few years growing up and we would hunt Bama......a deer a day is hard to pass up. We would hit the Gadsden area and do pretty good. Deer hunting out here is completely different spot and stalk much more fun than sitting in a deer stand.

Next year will be my first deer season in California and because I am either really dumb or because I like the challenge I will scouting this year in D15 since it is close to the house and in D11. I hear both are challenging but at least I will be out in the woods cleansing my soul ;D

Joe that changed back home. I can't recall the total number you can take now but Alabama it changed a few years ago.

CritJoe said:

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu