Lightning Strikes

Caught this little gem @ upper twin last year. In a row boat!

View attachment 43862
Holly molly that thing is huge! Do you eat em that big? I'm not muchof ocean fishermen if I lived closer I sure the heck would love to chase all the delicious creatures it provides.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Reactions: Merle
Caught this little gem @ upper twin last year. In a row boat!

View attachment 43862

Damn humbolts... I almost went out for those when they were off the SoCal coast, but I changed my mind when I heard they’ll ink the crap out of you and your boat, and it doesn’t come out easily.

BTW guys, some decent tuna reports are coming in. I gotta get at least one of my boats ready to go get some... it’s pelagic season now!!

Dang it! When you gonna get that ducksworth! Will settle for a north river! Shit just get hobie kayak for now bro......

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
Sadly all my off shore gear is gathering dust. I have 2 jig Masters, 2 pen trolling
Rigs, 80lb test Andre line. Several salt spinners, 15, 20, 30 lb setups.
Back in 1977 I did my first albacore run
On boat called grande , 1-1/2 day trip
60 miles south west.
When the trolling lines got hit everyone was
Hooking up. Except me.
I would throw the bait over the side and
nada. Lol, I asked the deck hand what was doing wrong? He said soon as trolling stick
Gets hit get the live bait out and let the line fly way out here with open bail.
Sure enough my first alby .
I was hooked, 4 albys, 1 bluefin, not bad for first run. The pro's had full limit in their sacks. Back when the albacore running strong.

Reactions: Merle and CAL'NDN
Sadly all my off shore gear is gathering dust. I have 2 jig Masters, 2 pen trolling
Rigs, 80lb test Andre line. Several salt spinners, 15, 20, 30 lb setups.
Back in 1977 I did my first albacore run
On boat called grande , 1-1/2 day trip
60 miles south west.
When the trolling lines got hit everyone was
Hooking up. Except me.
I would throw the bait over the side and
nada. Lol, I asked the deck hand what was doing wrong? He said soon as trolling stick
Gets hit get the live bait out and let the line fly way out here with open bail.
Sure enough my first alby .
I was hooked, 4 albys, 1 bluefin, not bad for first run. The pro's had full limit in their sacks. Back when the albacore running strong.

There’s reports of albies about 50 miles out

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu