Lion gets a monster

All Lions this summer the first was 3 coyotes just to see the diference in size to biggest lion I ever see in Laguna area.IMG_1135[1].PNGIMG_1136[1].PNGIMG_1133[1].JPGIMG_1134[1].JPG

.IMG_1135[1].PNGIMG_1133[1].JPGIMG_1134[1].JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: longbowhunter2
Only if the Liberals would open season. This would be a hunting trip of a life time to thin out some cats..... Only when they get some little kids in the back country will they open up hunting.

Only if the Liberals would open season. This would be a hunting trip of a life time to thin out some cats..... Only when they get some little kids in the back country will they open up hunting.
They still won't open hunting. Maybe you would have a chance to get it back on the ballot. At that point you might have a good scare tactic campaign for most Californians, "Lions are eating out kids!"

There is that argument out there that more lions are killed now by CA DFW and pedredation permits than there were when an open hunting season was allowed on lions. (*not sure on th he accuracy of the numbers, i just remember this discussion). The libs will want the government to take care of the killing, or a government contractor (who is usually a friend or has some personal tie to that person or company).

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

I am not a predator hunter but man it would be a blast to stake out a noisy Billy Goat and use my Mauser on one of these killers. I could pretend I was Jim Corbett.

Reactions: longbowhunter2
Went out scouting again today into a new area and worked our way down into what looked like a good hidden bedding area. We found some fresh looking deer scat and about 5 yards away we stumbled into this buck. Not sure if a deer would bed down close to this..We heard some rustling coming from a real covered area so we worked our way out of there because we weren't sure if it was a lions den that we were actually in. It was a good reminder that we weren't at the top of the food chain out there.

20181025_164620.jpg

20181025_113719.jpg

20181025_173508.jpg

Something is fishy, with all these kills, and as said before, only partially eaten. I have 2 or 3 lions in our area. But I haven't seen any deer
In a while.

I was at my best private spot till sundown yesterday.....Never saw a buck, while I at one time, I had a visual on ten does (zero rut activity).....My cameras on the outer wild lands are showing does and yearlings, but the only bucks I have are on cameras in her yard.....Same place I'm getting the cat pics.

.269.JPG1989.JPG

It was definitely a chilling experience being out there, finding that buck, and not having a clear view of our surroundings or the noises going on around us.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

In an effort to educate myself, what does the law say about taking that Buck's head/rack home to clean and keep since the body has been eaten already? I know that a fresh kill belongs to the bear or lion and can't be messed with and its sure that the killer will be close by protecting it.

In an effort to educate myself, what does the law say about taking that Buck's head/rack home to clean and keep since the body has been eaten already? I know that a fresh kill belongs to the bear or lion and can't be messed with and its sure that the killer will be close by protecting it.
Not an expert of the law here.. but I think you can't legally take it unless you have a tag to accompany it. Sheds are obviously a different story since you can verify it's not connected at the base.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

I was hoping to find a shed while scouting but got more then we bargained for..but yes we didn't want to mess with that kill even though it looked old. I have seen a video of a guy finding a large bull elk carcass that didn't survive the winter and died of natural causes and he had a F&G officer come out to verify it wasn't shot and they gave him permission to take the antlers. He had the sheds from the previous year and found the same bull they had come from.

Reactions: Smokey58

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu