Lion hunting wiht hounds again in Oregon

DEW_0341

Apr 19, 2015
Good news in Oregon, apparently lion sightings in Oregon close to human populations has pushed the state to allow hunting coug's with dogs again after it banned it years ago..... How long do you think it will take before California pulls its head out of its ass and allows taking of lions again? IMO the populations sucks right now, and Nevada is reporting that close to the border their deer herds have slowly dwindled due to the increase of lion population coming over from california, they say the lions are coming to Nevada because they have nothing to eat in California anymore. Makes sense.

On to the next joke we ain't ever going to be able to hunt lions again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kylemg0009 said:
It's madness. In AZ, some reservations will give you a lion tag for $5, and if you get one, they'll give you another one for free!
Everything I hear about AZ makes me want to live there, except the weather.

I'm just saying at some point wether it be in 5 years or 20, the state has got to acknowledge that there is a dynamic issue in the population between predator and prey (cougars & deer). And one would hope that they would allow some degree of harvesting. And one would hope they would realize that spot and stalk hunting is not a viable answered to the issue.

DEW_0341 said:
I'm just saying at some point wether it be in 5 years or 20, the state has got to acknowledge that there is a dynamic issue in the population between predator and prey (cougars & deer). And one would hope that they would allow some degree of harvesting. And one would hope they would realize that spot and stalk hunting is not a viable answered to the issue.

Very commonsensical thinking, but remember we're dealing with people that have NO commonsense.....Their thinking will be outlaw deer hunting and the lions will have plenty to eat..... ::)

I have hope.....

Maybe NV will take cdfw to court that could be a start......good on OR!

there is nothing to wish for here... prop 117 can not be changed by any elected or non elected official. it can only be changed by proposition.
To return lions to the domain of the DFG to mange like every other resource you would first need to get the required signatures to get on the ballot. Then you would need to get the Liberal Fracktards that live in this state to vote it in.

quick translation, zero chance ever.

well I believe it starts with us the hunters/conservationists. if no one does anything or sets it in motion nothing will happen. hell ill start the petition to get signatures, cant it be done on the state website?

http://www.sos.ca.gov/elections/ballot-measures/how-qualify-initiative

It's going to have too take a few human deaths for things to change........sad but true

DEW_0341 said:
well I believe it starts with us the hunters/conservationists. if no one does anything or sets it in motion nothing will happen. hell ill start the petition to get signatures, cant it be done on the state website?

Ill be happy to sign it. Maybe the spotting of the lion in hesperia can help things out. It's sad to think that lives would have to be lost for it to gain traction.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu