Lion surprize!

Had one 150 yds from the house last Wednesday right at day light. Had a lion kill two years ago 100 feet from the house ( little forkie) it was killed by a mama cat with a nearly full grown cub it came back for three days to eat on it till the coyotes found it and finished it off. Last year I was walking on the mountain above my place right at dusk and heard one screaming out in front of me, tried to get in close on it to get a look but it must of heard me coming. My wife gets pissed at me cause I dont carry a weapon when I hike

teachanother said:
Look who showed up for the A22 closer. No wonder my spot has been slow the last 2 weeks. This year has been ridiculous for longtails! At least he waited until the closer to show up. Maybe its a professional courtesy?
[/quote

That thing acts like it's on a fashion runway. I have never seen a Mtn. Lion in the wild in the 30 years I have been in the field, but surely they have seen me. Awesome pics TA

Well there used to be deer there or that cat wouldn't be there.. Follow hit around and it will show you where the deer were for next season.. ;)

sportyg said:
Well there used to be deer there or that cat wouldn't be there.. Follow hit around and it will show you where the deer were for next season.. ;)
I don't mean to sound flipant but these cats are the ones that seam to be doing the following. I've been working this spot since July. He just started exploiting it last Tuesday.

Lungpopper said:
Yup.....There must be alot of big cats around.Saw pics of another cat last week that a guy had on his game cam.

Hey Lungpopper do u still have the picture of the one i showed You if u do post it i cant use computers at all

I saw one last year during a22s late season. I had two does and a buck coming up to me about 90yds away when all of a sudden they stopped and took off. Then I saw this big cat chasing after them. It was crazy cuz it was almost dark and the cat was hungry. I though to myself, this cat will eat good for days if he has me for dinner. Lol! Anyways I got off my stand and hurried out. It got dark on me on the way out which made me a lil nervous. Every lil noise I heard I'd look back thinking it could be the cat. Lol! Lucky for me I made it out safe. Thought I'd share that with u guys. Lol! :) :) :)

Every time I see this thread it just reminds me of how prevelant the lion population is in Southern California...

Funny you should bring that up today, I was checking my trail cams today (late afternoon) and as I came around a sharp bend in the trail I saw the tail and back end of a lion disappearing into the brush 30-40 feet in front of me, it crashed through the under brush and was gone,second time in my life I've seen one with my own eyes. Cool to see...

How often are people sitting in there stands an see lions? And if so what do u do ? I've never seen a cat but it is scary to think about

stikbrandon said:
How often are people sitting in there stands an see lions? And if so what do u do ? I've never seen a cat but it is scary to think about
Never sat in a stand I see lions and bobcats all the time they ain't to scary if you see one though dont try to get close to it

D16hunter said:
stikbrandon said:
Never sat in a stand I see lions and bobcats all the time they ain't to scary if you see one though dont try to get close to it

::)

This may be a stupid question but I don't care.....

Howw come there isn't a season for the long tailed kitty's?

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu