Lion tracks?

SurfNHuntSD

Oct 1, 2013
San Diego
www.sandiegoturkey.com
8859539fb4a49bd27e210a88816850c6.jpg
376233a3ce1ed39a04e88f0395332b1e.jpg

Following a deer trail I came across what I think are lion tracks.. anybody confirm? About the size of my palm, and second pic compares with what appears to be a small yote track (middle left). I figured with no claw marks and the size of it had to be a big kitty.

Agreed with all above. The rear pad of your tracks is certainly feline. Here's a quick little website that goes into more depth about feline vs. canine tracks, and determining which is which:

http://www.bear-tracker.com/caninevsfeline.html

They are deliberately difficult to see. They plan that. If you sit in an area very still and watch for very slow deliberate movement you can spot them. It is a little scary because your body will know they are there way before your brain will. Wait and use that unexplicable fear, it will guide you to cats everytime.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu