Lithium and the Salton Sea

A perfect addition to wister, a multimillion dollar geothermal plant.

Quote: This time, CTR is back with new partner Lilac, and the technology is allegedly more developed and reliable. CTR says that instead of traditional evaporation ponds, its extraction is modular and fast—bewitching keywords for any venture capital energy project. It seems to be a continuous-flow pot filled of “ion exchange beads,” where hydrochloric acid knocks lithium chloride free from the naturally occurring lithium carbonate found in brine. :Un-quote
any where there are mines that use acid for extracting minerals has had bad leaks into the environment. you duck hunters should be concerned.
contaminating the water table.. yuk
This will really make it the dead sea, the pesticides, herbicides and chemical fertilizers pouring in from the new river may have some thing to do with the
kill off of life in salton sea. the river has warning signs all over the place.
as kid I remember the salton sea was a paradise, boating, fishing and hunting. abundance of wild life.

I find these numbers in the article to be a little off? Sea is losing 1.3 million acre feet per year due to evaporation. Sea hold 7.5 millian acre feet. Based on those numbers the sea would be dry in 6 years

Yep Mike...I just assumed it was a misprint...Things are changing out there and there's little doubt of that...My friends duck club has never shot worse...Plenty of water & food...Yet, right next door were 40,000+ snows and lots of ducks...Weird

Yep Mike...I just assumed it was a misprint...Things are changing out there and there's little doubt of that...My friends duck club has never shot worse...Plenty of water & food...Yet, right next door were 40,000+ snows and lots of ducks...Weird
Agree things are definitely changing. Where we hunt there is no lack of food or water and there is no shortage of birds. We have birds over us constantly but very few respond to decoys. IMO these birds are over hunted

watching all those snows take off for the day is a sight to see, loud as hell too.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu